Royal IQ

Really wanted to turn off the phone and tablet at sea but I have very elderly parents and need to stay in touch with family and nursing home. I am with Telstra, both phone and ipad (ipad with 4G sim card).

I read where with Royal IQ you can send texts and make calls at a reasonable price. Is this correct or did I misread the information? Or, is there another method of staying in touch, preferably by phone, that doesn't cost the earth? Any advice appreciated.

from $13 a day you can purchase internet package to stay in touch with home- you can purchase through cruise planner prior to sailing or once on board. Royal IQ is used to check your cruise compass & your daily calendar- for $7.95 you can communicate with other guests on board. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really wanted to turn off the phone and tablet at sea but I have very elderly parents and need to stay in touch with family and nursing home. I am with Telstra, both phone and ipad (ipad with 4G sim card).

I read where with Royal IQ you can send texts and make calls at a reasonable price. Is this correct or did I misread the information? Or, is there another method of staying in touch, preferably by phone, that doesn't cost the earth? Any advice appreciated.

Apart from what the others have said, also look on Telstra's website for their travel plans. It's worth it when travelling OS as International Roaming can be very expensive. The Travel plans kick in when you are on land.