Caribbean food in St. John, USVI

runeatcruise

I'll be visiting St. John for the first time next week on a port stop with the Disney Fantasy. I am looking for a place to have lunch in Cruz Bay or Trunk Bay that serves Caribbean food. I'm looking for rice and peas, fried plantains, local stuffing, mac and cheese, that sort of thing. I've looked at several menus, but it seems most of the menus are quite American.

Any recommendations?

I'll be visiting St. John for the first time next week on a port stop with the Disney Fantasy. I am looking for a place to have lunch in Cruz Bay or Trunk Bay that serves Caribbean food. I'm looking for rice and peas, fried plantains, local stuffing, mac and cheese, that sort of thing. I've looked at several menus, but it seems most of the menus are quite American.

Any recommendations?

Do you realize that what you describe IS local food in some corner of most American cities?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are several restaurants in Cruz Bay that serve local food.

De Coal Pot is probably the most popular one, mainly I think, because it's air conditioned. Not sure if potato stuffing is a regular on the menu, though. De Coal Pot has an internet presence and has reviews on TripAdvisor.

Sogo's, across the street from De Coal Pot, is open air. Haven't been there in a long time.

Hercules Pate has lunch specials that are very affordable, again open air. I don't think he has potato stuffing, either. I think he's been reviewed on TripAdvisor, too.

Those are the easiest to find (and I can't remember name of the one of the others).

Thank you for the recommendations, Ms411! I will check those out.

There are several restaurants in Cruz Bay that serve

local food.

De Coal Pot is probably the most popular one, mainly I think, because it's air conditioned. Not sure if potato stuffing is a regular on the menu, though. De Coal Pot has an internet presence and has reviews on TripAdvisor.

Sogo's, across the street from De Coal Pot, is open air. Haven't been there in a long time.

Hercules Pate has lunch specials that are very affordable, again open air. I don't think he has potato stuffing, either. I think he's been reviewed on TripAdvisor, too.

Those are the easiest to find (and I can't remember name of the one of the others).