Cocoa Beach Trolley at Port Canaveral

Mrs Cheech

Our family has a port stop in Port Canaveral. We will be arriving on the Anthem of the Seas. Have read online of the Cocoa Beach Trolley as a means of transportation from cruise ship into Cocoa Beach for far less than the ship is charging. Only toruble I can see is that access to the bus/trolley is only from specific terminals at the port. Has anyone used this option? Does anyone know if we can get to it from where the Anthem docks? Any info is appreciated.

http://321transit.com/interactive-system-map/

I believe you are talking about route 9

you can walk to the stops at the port only from Terminal 1 or 3

all the other terminals are on the other side of the draw bridge which is closed to pedestrian traffic. ANTHEM has been docking at 1 on recent visits but this is not a sure thing.

You might find info here: https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2017/Master-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

the next visit shown is Feb 21 and scheduled for T1

Edited by Capt_BJ

http://321transit.com/interactive-system-map/

I believe you are talking about route 9

you can walk to the stops at the port only from Terminal 1 or 3

all the other terminals are on the other side of the draw bridge which is closed to pedestrian traffic. ANTHEM has been docking at 1 on recent visits but this is not a sure thing.

You might find info here: https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2017/Master-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

the next visit shown is Feb 21 and scheduled for T1

Yes That is the route I was talking about. We leave Bayonne on March 5th and arrive in Florida March 7. Thanks for the info. I will keep investigating.

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same question for our March 2017 Anthem of the Seas cruise stopping a Cape Canaveral.

Thanks for the help and information from our Cruise Critic members. The I hear the ship want's $19 each for a bus to and back from Coco Beach. Ridiculous!

There is a website dedicated to the beach trolley system:

How to use the SCAT bus to explore Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach - A Guide for Cruisers and Visitors.

SCAT-Bus-web.jpg

Quick Summary of two important stops:

Cocoa Beach Pier Bus Stop – only about 10 minutes from Terminal 1. Step off at the bus stop on the corner of Ocean Beach Blvd and Pulsipher Ave (you can see the pier straight ahead). Walk across Ocean Beach Blvd to the famous Pier where you can rent beach equipment, learn to surf, play volleyball, have cocktails while watching the surfers and much more!

Tip – the beach rentals are a bit cheaper on the north side of the pier (in front of La Quinta Hotel).

Afterwards, the fastest way back is to walk west towards Publix on A1A and wait at the Sunrise Bank bus stop.

Alan Shepard Park Beach Bus Stop – This is the beach where ship excursions go so you will find many of your fellow cruisers there! You can have drinks at very popular Sandbar (no ocean views though) or upstairs at Captain J’s (some views).

The stop is at Pizza Hut only about 15 minutes from Terminal 1. Just walk a short distance to the east and you will see Sandbar on your left and the beach in front. There are beach rentals on the beach.

To visit Ron Jon, walk west a short distance towards A1A then turn south and you will see Ron Jon on the next block. It is a great store for souvenirs, clothes and beach-related items.

The Dinosaur Store is a bit further west (you must cross A1A and it is hidden behind CVS). It is a fun store for adults and kids alike!

Afterwards, return to the bus stop where you step off (Pizza Hut) and make sure you get on the bus heading north back to Port Canaveral! There are other buses going south.

For more detailed information and maps visit - A Guide for Cruisers and Visitors.

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 2 weeks later...
How do you get to the buses if you are at Terminal 10? We are on the NCL Breakaway and I am a bit confused from all that I have read. NCL wants $15 and there are 7 of us, so I want to do this the cheapest way but I don't want to waste any time either.

Unless the port has changed the rules, you can not walk to a bus stop from T-10 as they won't let folks walk across the draw bridge (it would be a long walk as well) A couple of UBER or taxi would be less than the $15 per person the cruise line wants

As mentioned, from terminal 10 you have to get private transportation or a rental car. Try any of these:

Space Port Transportation - Based in Cape Canaveral this shuttle company is a good choice for transfers and trips that originate at the cruise terminals.

Uber - Getting more popular and the feedback continues to be positive. You will need UberXL though

Cocoa Beach Shuttle – based near Port Canaveral. The “go to” shuttle for many cruisers. Also offer scheduled shared shuttles. Preferred by many Canaveral hotels for port and airport transfers.

Happy Hour Shuttle - based near Port Canaveral. Small local company slowly building a solid reputation.

888-Transportation – Offers shuttle buses and metered-based taxis. Based in Cape Canaveral with an exclusive agreement with Port Canaveral, allowing hail services. They have taxis waiting at the cruise terminals. Call ahead to ask about a van.

Smart-two.com Shuttle - Small up-and-coming company with great service and reviews.