Help with finding a chair poolside on Harmony of the Seas

cubalinda

Hi there. I have read a number of threads with peoples' concerns about various things on Harmony of the Seas. I know it is going through teething problems, but I could use some advice for my late April cruise particularly about the poolside/chairs/spots.

My good friend and I will be cruising together. She has sailed Holland America and Carnival; me: Carnival yrs ago and a wonderful cruise aboard Oasis of the Seas last April.

I am used to the larger Oasis class ships and some potential pitfalls: reservation snafus,waits for things and especially chair hogs and not being able to secure chairs by the pool(s) unless I wake up at the crack of dawn.

My travel partner is used to sleeping in, so I have to do the spade work and get out early to hopefully find a spot with 2 chairs that will have both sun and a bit of shade.

Reading a recent review about the pool-deck on a full cruise, it looked like bedlam with chairs all over the place and people waiting for seats. The Op pointed out that they went to the rock climbing wall aft deck? for some peace and quiet.

Could someone please chime in on their experiences getting chairs on Harmony of the Seas? If you found a nice spot could you pass it along too? (I know; stand the risk of letting a nice secret out lol)

Do you know if there is anyone monitoring the reserved but abandoned chairs? If so, what did they do? Was it effective?

Are there any poolsides that you feel are better than others?

I never was able to get a chair with table and umbrella on Oasis, but was disappointed to hear that Harmony doesn't have that feature.

How was the poolside drink service? Space between chairs looks very tight even compared to Oasis. Your feedback?

Many thanks in advance.

There is no need to be right BESIDE the pool..and there is no need to hold a chair for your friend for hours.....when she gets up, you will be able to find somewhere for both of you. Saving a chair for a late riser is considered "hogging".

You are right, that the chairs closest to the pool are jammed together. Go up a deck, and you can spread out some!

Also, by mid-afternoon, many of those early rising folks have had enough sun, and will go do other things, leaving empty spots everywhere! You are overthinking this!

If you see a row of loungers with towels spread out...ask the folks sitting nearby if anyone is using those chairs....if they say no, then ask the pool attendant to remove the abandoned towels and feel free to sit.

Edited by cb at sea

My family was onboard the Allure Of The Seas last week. There were plenty of available seats except for two days when the winds were excessive and they closed access to Deck 16. The only incident that I observed that was inappropriate was at the Solarium on our return to Port Everglades. My wife and son were sitting on Deck 16 near the bar and there was a family of eight adults near us. An older woman had four seats reserved a few feet away in a sunny area. The woman would go back and forth between the shaded area and the sunny area. Save one seat in the sunny area, but not four. I also observed passengers moving seats and loungers all over the place in the Solarium. Chair Hogs really don't bother me. There's more important things to worry about.

• 1 month later...

I never saw a problem finding a chair or even two together anywhere on the ship-- there were always chairs available. And the solarium is a nice place to try. The music is more mellow, there are areas where the sun is slightly filtered so it's not super direct and hot, and there are padded wicker chairs with ottomans over way to the sides of the Solarium, that'd be just as nice or nicer (more comfy) than a regular deck lounger. Bottom line: don't worry too much-- there are a zillion chairs!