3 adults in Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin

njc519

Hi all,

My family (3 adults) are travelling in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on the Azura, and wondered if anyone else who had could advise:

1 - is the sofa bed made up each night and put back as a sofa during the day by the cabin steward?

2 - is it still possible to get past the sofa bed (when made up as a bed) and use the balcony?

Thanks! Any other tips for more than 2 people in a cabin would also be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cabin steward will make the bed up for night time and put it back as a sofa in the morning. We have had this grade of cabin when traveling with 3 in the cabin as well as just the 2 of us on Ventura's new year cruise. The cabin has 2 flat screen TVs and you get a free bottle of champagne and box of chocs in cabin.There is plenty of room in the cabin and on the balcony.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

There is plenty of room even though the sofa converts to a double bed.It will be put back to a sofa in the morning when cabin steward makes up your cabin while you go for breakfast. There is a separate wall giving a private area where you hang up your clothes opposite the bathroom door.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

My family (3 adults) are travelling in a superior deluxe balcony cabin on the Azura, and wondered if anyone else who had could advise:

1 - is the sofa bed made up each night and put back as a sofa during the day by the cabin steward?

2 - is it still possible to get past the sofa bed (when made up as a bed) and use the balcony?

Thanks! Any other tips for more than 2 people in a cabin would also be appreciated!

We have actually stayed in a Superior Deluxe Balcony cabin on Azura and would give slightly different feedback from others.

Firstly, yes the sofa bed is attended to by the steward. It's a sofa all day, they open it up and prepare it as a bed when you are at dinner. When they service the room in the morning, they turn it back to a sofa.

When opened out as a bed, it does block access to the balcony. The way we coped with this was that in the morning (to see port arrivals etc) we simply half retracted the bed in one movement (used bedding and all) to allow passage to the balcony. The steward would then sort it out properly when servicing the room later.

Be aware that there is NO privacy curtain between the main bedroom area and the sofa bed area. You cannot create two separate areas. I don't recall a curtain elsewhere either.

As with all P&O sofa beds, they are very comfortable for one person as a bed but not very comfortable as sofas (they tilt forwards slightly).

The balconies on Superior Deluxe cabins are uncovered as they jut out compared to the standard sized cabins above. Overlooking isn't a big issue, but lack of shade can be.

In spite of my comments, they are very nice cabins and worth the additional over a standard balcony cabin, especially if there are 3 of you.

Hopefully this answers your questions as well as a few more.

Thanks for your replies! I was mainly wondering, as one member of the party likes to get up earlier and sit out on the balcony, whilst someone may still be sleeping in the sofa bed - perhaps if they hop across the bed this would still be accessible? Another question - how have you all found the storage situation for more than 2 guests? We are all really looking forward to the cruise, not looking for reasons to change the cabin, just want to be prepared!

Thanks for your replies! I was mainly wondering, as one member of the party likes to get up earlier and sit out on the balcony, whilst someone may still be sleeping in the sofa bed - perhaps if they hop across the bed this would still be accessible? Another question - how have you all found the storage situation for more than 2 guests? We are all really looking forward to the cruise, not looking for reasons to change the cabin, just want to be prepared!

I fear that I need to manage your expectations about the sofa bed and balcony situation. It is almost impossible to get past the sofa bed when it's extended and even if you are an athletic contortionist, you will undoubtedly wake anyone sleeping on it, especially when you open the noisy / squeaky balcony door right next to their heads!

Storage isn't a problem. Suitcases will fit under the bed and are useful for storing all worn clothing. If you had a particularly large or awkward case that doesn't fit under the bed, simply ask your cabin steward to store it for you until the day you need it for packing.

Wardrobe space can be a bit cosy for the first day or so of a 2 week or longer cruise, but then, as items have been worn and put in the washing, it's absolutely fine. If anything, you will want to keep the hangers tightly bunched or they rattle at night.

Top tip - we pack lots of things on thin hangers which means we can just lift them out of the case and hang them straight in the wardrobe in seconds.

Thanks all for your replies! I will be the one sleeping on the sofa bed, so I will have to put up with being woken up by someone hurdling over my bed and opening a noisy door [emoji12] good job I'm great at dozing back off

• 2 months later...

Just returned from 2 weeks on Azura, and please to inform that 3 adults in the superior balcony cabin way fine, very spacious when the sofa bed was folded away, and no problem accessing the balcony when the bed was down!

Just returned from 2 weeks on Azura, and please to inform that 3 adults in the superior balcony cabin way fine, very spacious when the sofa bed was folded away, and no problem accessing the balcony when the bed was down!

So pleased you had a great time,my experience was on Ventura but i knew you would not have a problem with that balcony grade.

We cruise with RCCL and P&O.