MSC Cruises Expands Europe/Med Program - Return of Monterey!

dougnewmanatsea

MSC CRUISES RESPONDS TO INCREASED DEMAND WITH EXPANDED EUROPE/MED PROGRAM

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (Nov. 8, 2005) – In response to strong global demand for its European itineraries, MSC Cruises is adding 32 new 7-night Europe/Mediterranean cruises to its 2006 season.

From April 10, 2006 through Sept. 11, 2006, MSC Monterey, one of the line’s classic vessels, will sail a new series of 7-night itineraries roundtrip from Barcelona, calling at Cannes, Livorno, Rome, Tunis, Palermo and Palma.

Five new 7-night Greek Island cruises have been added to the MSC Armonia’s schedule, departing from Venice April 16, 23, and 30 and May 7 and 14, 2006. Four new Western Mediterranean cruises have been added to the MSC Opera schedule, departing from Rome April 9, 16, 23 and 30, 2006.

To accommodate these additions, MSC Opera will depart Fort Lauderdale for Rome March 18, 2006 on a special 22-night transatlantic and Mediterranean cruise. The cruise will also be available in segments: as a 16-night Fort Lauderdale to Genoa leaving Florida March 18, 2006, and as a 6-night Genoa to Rome, departing Genoa April 3, 2006. The MSC Opera’s March 18 and 25 and April 1 Caribbean sailings will no longer be offered.

The new European cruise program also impacts the following 2006 departures, which have been replaced by other itineraries:: MSC Opera April 8 and 25, May 1; MSC Armonia May 10, Oct. 29, Nov. 9; and MSC Sinfonia Nov. 20 and Dec. 1, 2006.

For more information about MSC Cruises, visit http://www.msccruises.com or call 1-800-666-9333.

---

Glad to see that MONTEREY will be returning this upcoming season. I hope to try her next summer.

I think you call this putting the gloss on a bad picture!

The real message is that sales are weak in the Caribbean so the season for Opera is curtailed. What about the passengers who are being dumped?

I heave a huge sigh of relief that I cancelled my 8th April, 2006 Opera transatlantic as with my non refundable flights booked for after 18th March I would have really "missed the boat".

The question now arises.....................How much longer before Sasso goes overboard from MSC? The earlier the better I believe.

Czechmate: You are so right! I had forgotten about your planned transatlantic voyage and Opera and suspect you would have been left holding the bag. I also think they are making a pig pretty with this announcement when in reality, a pig is still a pig, even in pretty clothes.

Archived