Island Princess C516 far enough away from bumpout?

Therese S.

We are thinking of booking C516 for our 10/21/06 trip to Hawaii next year. After looking at the deckplan, was concerned that the mid bump-outs may block our view. Cabin is 6 rooms from bumpout. Can anyone help me out with this decision? Do you think our view will be blocked? Or far enough away?

sasha'smom - took your suggestion and went back and read your review. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for the tips on all the little extras to bring. Your idea of an extension cord was a good one. We like to bring a fan with us when we vacation to create a little white noise, actually to drown out my hubby's snoring.

I noticed that you went to the Polynesian Cultrual Center. Was it worth spending the whole day there?

We were actually on the bumpout on Coral Princess. Aloha XXX - it happened to be covered and a very good location. Sorry I can't recall the cabin number.

Six cabins away should give enough room to not interfere with your view. The very best views look to be the end units on the bumpouts because they have wrap around rails on the balconies it looked like. These are minis, I believe. We had a BB balcony.

You'll love Hawaii!

I'm pretty sure you're fine, but I wouldn't go any closer. I also think it's a bit more of an issue in the Panama Canal -- where you might be more interested in viewing the mechanisms of the Canal operations in front/behind you.

I think the Polynesian Cultural Center is a great way to spend the day, but...have you been to Hawaii before? There is so much to do on Oahu that it would be hard to decide!

No, this is our first trip to Hawaii and celebrating our 25th anniversary. Was looking at the PCC because it included a luau, but was concerned about spending our whole day there.

Thanks for the tips on cabin, we may go back and take a look at availability on the bumpouts.

Archived