Car rental in Villefranche??

constantlyonthego

Hi all. We will stop in Villefranche in late April for the day. I have read everything I can from this forum on ways to get to Eze Village, and have come to the conclusion that a rental car would give us more flexibility, and we'd not have to rely on infrequent buses. However, I can not see that any car rental company operates in Villefranche. Has anyone picked up a rental car there, and if so, what company? Thanks much!

Tim

It has been a few years since we rented a car in this port. You might want to check with Locauto.fr to see if they are still doing rentals at the tender pier. I think the direct link for their location is:

http://locauto.fr/agences/location-voiture/alpes-maritimes/villefranche-sur-mer.htm

Good luck. And if you do rent from this agency please post your experience here...so that we can all have the latest info :).

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

It has been a few years since we rented a car in this port. You might want to check with Locauto.fr to see if they are still doing rentals at the tender pier. I think the direct link for their location is:

http://locauto.fr/agences/location-voiture/alpes-maritimes/villefranche-sur-mer.htm

Good luck. And if you do rent from this agency please post your experience here...so that we can all have the latest info :).

Hank

Hank, thank you so much for your reply and the link. I'm having difficulties with their on- line inquiry form so I will have to call them. It looks as if they do rent from VsM. I'll report back.

Tim

Hank, thank you so much for your reply and the link. I'm having difficulties with their on- line inquiry form so I will have to call them. It looks as if they do rent from VsM. I'll report back.

Tim

Just to close this out, try as I might, I am unable to get any answer at the number listed for Villefranche (possibly a mobile) and my French is not good enough to understand the voice message I get. So, at this point, I assume no car rental agency operates there, so will rely on bus to Nice, bus to Eze Village, and either do same for return or perhaps even walk down the path to catch train back to VsM.

Hank, if I catch #100 bus from Octroi will bus drop me at the stop where I pick up the bus to Eze? Thanks.

Tim

Bummer about not being able to reach that car agency. Perhaps you are right that they are no longer in Villefranche.....but we wonder if perhaps they are just no there for the winter....which is out of season with virtually no cruise ships. It just occurred to me that lots of things in the resort towns (like Villefranche) are closed during the winter months. So you might try calling their Nice office or the Nice Cote d'Azur Airport location to ask the question (and pray you get somebody who speaks fluent English).

As to the Bus #100 question, I live far from home (where I have all my notes) in the winter so am lacking my detailed info. But my memory tells me that the 82 bus to Eze Village...departs from the Gare Routiere (in Nice) which is not a stop served by the #100 bus. If I were home, I could do more research and give you detailed directions on how to best handle the situation. But for now, lets home that one of our experts on the region can jump-in with exact details. If Marazul sees this post I hope he offers some up to date guidance :).

I do have this very vague thought that it might be easier to head over to Beaulieu (from Villefranche) and pick up the #83 bus up to Eze Village. But not having the schedules handy...I am not sure of the actual stop information but Beaulieu is not a large area and I would think that the 100 and 83 buses use the same or close stops. That same 83 bus would also intercept the 100 bus route in Eze sur Mer. But in the olden days that 83 bus did not run a very frequent schedule...which is why you will need some better more exact info.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner