Help me decide Glory or Sunshine

cloudninecat

I'm looking at booking our next cruise for December 2018 and have narrowed it down to two.

The ports for each are:

SUNSHINE 8 days:

Grand Turk

San Juan

St Kitts

St Marten

GLORY 7 days:

Amber Cover

St Thomas

San Juan

Grand Turk

By the time we take this cruise I'll have been (baring any unforeseen circumstances) to Grand Turk and Amber Cove. We're into sightseeing and lazy beach days. We also enjoy balcony cabins, especially the aft balconies. I haven't been on either ship. TIA

I'll try to help as best I can. I've been on both ships in the past year.

I sailed on your exact itinerary on the Sunshine, in reverse, last March. I really enjoyed the ship. The 3 level Serenity Deck is great although it overlooks the main Lido pool, which can make some parts of it loud. You can take advantage of most of Carnival's specialty dining restaurants onboard the Sunshine as well! I'm not sure if you're traveling with kids or not, but the Sunshine has better waterslides by far!

I sailed on the Glory 2 weeks ago. I had a similar itinerary, with Amber Cove replaced with Half Moon Cay, however, we missed Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk on this sailing. The Glory was in good condition, which should improve after it goes through its drydock. It only has the Steakhouse as a specialty restaurant offering.

Based on the Itineraries, IMO St. Maarten > St. Thomas and St. Kitts > Amber Cove. Sunshine also gets a bonus point for an extra day. More cruising time is always better!

Finally, I'd say it depends on your preference of a ship. Glory is the more traditional setup, while Sunshine has some interesting choices that were made on refurbishment with venues (Liquid Lounge serves as theater and nightclub, Limelight Comedy Lounge has a poor setup, etc). I had a great time on both ships, and don't think you can go wrong with your selection.

Thanks Adam, No kids this will be an anniversary celebration cruise. I've only been on the one ship so far (Triumph) so I really haven't a clue what I like or don't like ship wise. Being on the ocean is the number one thing in my book. The ports are more important I think then the ship. Yes, extra day does score bonus points plus its a few hours drive closer to us.

We have sailed both. Glory 4 times with a 5th in a week and a half, and Sunshine once. We pretty much sail by itinerary and how many days the cruise is., not the ship. It would be hard for us to just choose one. Liked the newness of the Sunshine, the new décor, the new restaurants and activities Wonderful serenity area with a pool and bar. Also liked the Havana Bar rear windows just watching the ocean flow by with a drink, in the late afternoon . The Glory is an older ship but is really nice. Sunshine has the Waterworks water park, great for kids. Glory just has slides. Sunshine has the Italian and Oriental restaurants, Glory does not. Its all up to you as to which ship to choose. Either itinerary is a good one. We have been to all but Amber Cove. Each Island is different, you will have a great time where ever you go.