Protein Powder

Jenn1974

Who else takes protein powder onboard? Last time I bought individual packages to take them onboard. I can't see lugging my entire 5 lb or even 2.5 lb container onboard! How do you transport your protein powder to the ship????

I do! I just put it in individual ziplock bags and I write in sharpie the flavor (I bring options) and I shove the bags inside the shaker bottle. Helps remind me to try and work out at least once or twice on the trip, AND the idea is that maybe I'll crave one less soft serve during the day...???

Hubby puts each day's worth of powder in a bag so he doesn't have to worry about how much he is using and puts all of the bags in the shaker bottle to transport. I'm not sure if you use milk or water with yours but he just stops by Lido deck after the gym and grabs 2 containers of milk and makes his shake in the room. The room refrigerators don't get cold enough to make either of us comfortable with leaving milk in it for more than the time it takes him to shower!

He actually really likes the gyms on board but he will be one of the first people there each morning so it isn't too crowded!

I give my partner all the protein shakes she wants, never had any problems:D

But seriously, I've thought about bringing protein powder, glutamine and creatine, but always assumed they would get confiscated unless in individually packaged servings. Even then, I could see there being issues with bringing food on ships or on the plane. I also could see them giving you a hard time when you get on the plane or ship with powder because they might think it's drugs or something.

Very interested in others' experiences, not just for cruising but also for flying. Truth be told, I probably hit some of my highest protein intakes of the year on cruise weeks due to the availability of good fish and meat options, but I wouldn't mind having some creatine or glutamine as I am usually in bulk phase on cruise.