Exciting New itineraries

LTC Dan

1. I'm slightly late in talking about this, but I'm jazzed about the new Alaska itineraries for Star Legend in the Summer of 2018. I had been wondering where they would go after the conclusion of the April 24, 2018 "Grand Japan" trip, and now we have our answers. Check out the thread that ricflyer started last evening for details.

2. Also noticed (probably way later than the rest of you) that Windstar's four-mast "Wind Star" will return to Costa Rica late this year. That's a welcome change of pace. It will still do two offerings of "Jewels of the Windward Islands" on November 10th and 18th, 2017 -- that's the tried-and-true (and no doubt wildly popular) Barbados round trip they've concentrated on for a long time during the Caribbean season. But after that the Wind Star will boogie to Colon, Panama for several months of the "Costa Rica and Panama Canal" offering. First one starts on December 2, 2017 and the last one begins on March 31, 2018. We've never been lucky enough to do any of the Costa Rica trips in the past, but a few years ago one of the four-masters (Wind Spirit?) did a handful of trips back and forth between these ports. The reviews were really good, and then POOF that ship sailed, and the only Costa Rican options were on the motorized yachts. I, for one, welcome the romance of the sails down in Costa Rica, because none of the other cruise outfits can match that kind of fun.

We sailed on the Wind Spirit in December 2014/January 2015 on what they called "Colon - Puerto Caldera" stopping in Isla de Coiba, Golfo Dulce, Bahia Drake, and Quepos after sailing through the Panama Canal. It was on my bucket list and the entire cruise was a dream come true. This was our first voyage with the Wind Star cruise line and it hooked us for life! Walking from one end of the yacht to the other as we went through the Panama Canal was priceless! And the few days we sent in old Panama City prior to our cruise over Christmas was magical!

Edited by Ski Mom 2