Miracle Mexican Riviera

sjn911

Watching for a special and using miles/cash to get to LA still may be less stress than Florida for Dad who is amazing but hips tightening up...

We survived a 2 nite motor hotel test...

Excited she has many of new things I think he would like and the cowboy may really prefer Mexico anyway...he went to Tuscon for a long time in winter and for 2 years after mom passing...

Last year in March he really did the Grand Canyon trail ride and of course had to get a mule...and one older horse cost 1000 this winter...2 horses one mule and one little dog..I think both sisters and hubbies here could handle...82 in may...I am so proud of him and his physical shape...unbelievable for his stress and physical but not the gym type. He is a natural on eating and physical activity.

I can see us joking and having a few drinks and really liking the music in Red Frog Pub and Piano Bar...

Just poking around Cabo and PV and him being shocked at paying no more than he did on the week down and back with a great neighbor and friend 10 years younger I am forever grateful to...with him I could split this!!!!!

I am a story teller like him..it is a country thing...please give me some wonderful recent Miracle reports down the Riviera...thank you..scheming here....it is going to have to be a good pain day for us both and last minute check up booking and a couple of weeks ahead and go...get the insurance for the pacemaker deal but his heart rarely uses it...I am watching....thank you...my dad is 82, 25, and a little EGO...a dear and a mad man..a real Cowboy and small business man...think he may like smaller ship too..but not too small....and that it is NOT Disney in Alaska, he had fun with mom and last 12 year grandchild trip, but dad is NOT DISNEY......his last cruise and mom passing about 6 weeks after, he was saying no cruises..but the fifth wheel and horse trailer with quarters are less and less appealing as past of the deal now,,,,,...this would be so different and he has done so much more now...5 years in August we are past the worst pain...unbelievable....ok finally over and out. I think mosquito worry is much better there too??? Comments??

Edited by sjn911

Sarah,

We sailed the MR Journeys cruise last year. On our roll call there was at least one report of Dengue Fever being contracted over at Rhythms of the Night (Las Caletas) in PV. We didn't have any bug issues but we didn't go into the trees or jungle. Haven't heard of anything recently.

Sarah,

We sailed the MR Journeys cruise last year. On our roll call there was at least one report of Dengue Fever being contracted over at Rhythms of the Night (Las Caletas) in PV. We didn't have any bug issues but we didn't go into the trees or jungle. Haven't heard of anything recently.

Thanks so much....Sadie N.

Edited by sjn911

Redo...I made a horrible journal entry....my bad . Too Tired and too excited about the option.

Are recent Miracle reports positive both with the ship, service, food and music and entertainment?

Has anyone taken the recent Mexican Riviera trips on her that she is taking.

Considering a trip with a not often cruise type...my dad.

Interested in mosquito reports as well.

Think in the end this may prove less mosquito ridden trip for issues we are both concerned with; both w/ chronic pain issues. This could be a simpler trip, and something a retired Cowboy who loves the SW, and Mexico would/could find himself loving to do. He has done PV with mom way way back in their youth when I was a kid. I did it in 1981 with mom grandmother and sister. I did Cabo in 2012, but poking around there and PV would just be perfect...for a simple last minute trip...

Cruising Hawaii...while a desire, mixed with other goals he has there for one more trip..is currently prohibitive....we need to make that a land trip instead. We are too tired for that now.

Dad likes to dance and listen to music...if he does not have to think about it too long and I can line up a fast presentation with some current rates...considering this option for a last minute trip...truly this is best and only way with my 82 year old dad. A long planning ahead thing, he always hated anyway. Thanks for any recent reports.

Edited by sjn911

We are on her Valentine's week. Have sailed her in the past, but it was before the retro fit to add the bars, etc. I will post my impressions. There are some good videos on youtube - you can check out cabin types, there's one by cruisetv that zeros in on the upgrades. It is too bad they didn't put in the taco area (the name escapes me now) because your dad would probably really like that.

We were on her last August and my only complaint was the comedy club was always too crowded. You had to get there around 30 minutes early to get a seat.

On a positive note regarding your dad, there was an older gentleman on my cruise and many people went above and beyond to help him. On several occasions, people gave up their tables in the buffet so this gentleman can have a place to eat. I, personally, went and got his food on a few occasions so he wouldn't have to walk around.

Since your dad hasn't been to PV in a while, know that the city has grown tremendously. I think he will enjoy seeing the city that he once went with his wife.

Have fun on your cruise. :)

We were on her last August and my only complaint was the comedy club was always too crowded. You had to get there around 30 minutes early to get a seat.

On a positive note regarding your dad, there was an older gentleman on my cruise and many people went above and beyond to help him. On several occasions, people gave up their tables in the buffet so this gentleman can have a place to eat. I, personally, went and got his food on a few occasions so he wouldn't have to walk around.

Since your dad hasn't been to PV in a while, know that the city has grown tremendously. I think he will enjoy seeing the city that he once went with his wife.

Have fun on your cruise. :)

Thanks so much for coming back and your thoughts.

]

We are on her Valentine's week. Have sailed her in the past, but it was before the retro fit to add the bars, etc. I will post my impressions. There are some good videos on youtube - you can check out cabin types, there's one by cruisetv that zeros in on the upgrades. It is too bad they didn't put in the taco area (the name escapes me now) because your dad would probably really like that.

Thank you..I found that cruise tv video.