Port of Miami Parking - Carnival

hummingbird63

Hate to barge in, but I'm cruising out of Port of Miami March 10th. The website said parking is $20 a day, and there is no need to reserve ahead of time. In the Galveston Port, they always recommend to reserve parking ahead of time and is also way cheaper.

Is there really no need to reserve ahead of time, and is there anything cheaper than $20/ day?

Hate to barge in, but I'm cruising out of Port of Miami March 10th. The website said parking is $20 a day, and there is no need to reserve ahead of time. In the Galveston Port, they always recommend to reserve parking ahead of time and is also way cheaper.

Is there really no need to reserve ahead of time, and is there anything cheaper than $20/ day?

No reserving and nothing cheaper at the port. You may find off-site parking cheaper.

I've used "Safe Cruise Parking" while sailing out of Miami three times, with good results, and for about 1/2 the price of pier parking. Nope, it's not covered parking, and yep, they do provide shuttle service to, and from the ship, but for the savings, IMO, it's all worth the slight inconvenience.

Once, I got in line to park at the pier garage at the port, and sat there, in line, for over an hour. Maddening indeed. :eek:

"SKY"

Yes it costs more to park at the port but I will not park at off port parking in Miami. Way to many reported issues over the years of break-ins happening in those "secure lots". it is now just another part of the cruise expense. Not to mention I don't want to wait for a shuttle coming or going.

I've used "Safe Cruise Parking" while sailing out of Miami three times, with good results, and for about 1/2 the price of pier parking. Nope, it's not covered parking, and yep, they do provide shuttle service to, and from the ship, but for the savings, IMO, it's all worth the slight inconvenience.

Once, I got in line to park at the pier garage at the port, and sat there, in line, for over an hour. Maddening indeed. :eek:

"SKY"

Depends on when you arrive. I usually get there around 10 and no line and always park on the ground level.