Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

Is this at the IC? Will be on the Crown next month and look forward to my nightly cheese and crackers. But it is only at the IC on some ships at 11pm. Is it the same on the Crown?

Hi, Not sure what time they put the cheese out.

Have some penguins. At Punta Tombo there's a million....

DSCN2411.jpg:

DSCN2410.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

DSCN2417.jpg

Struggling with hotel wifi tonight. Sigh. Can't see the pic links....

Climbed Machu Picchu today. Was AMAZING!!!

Tomorrow, last full day of the tour :

You will be picked up at the hotel and driven to the market of Pisac. It is a well-known market amongst inhabitants which has not lost its original charm in spite of the high numbers of visitors. There are two sections that can be visited; one local part where the people of Pisac and surrounding villages sell and buy their fruits and vegetables, another part where there are many handicraft stands with ceramics, alpaca clothes and jewellery. Bargaining is welcome here, too! In the afternoon, you continue to Ollantaytambo. The impressive fortress thrones protectively above the village, and the village is one of the few scenes where the Spaniards lost a battle against the Incas.Dinner will be at a local restaurant. After the meal return to your hotel in Cusco.

Breakfast and dinner included

I've come back to bed this morning. The thought of another organised all day excursion followed by 24 hours travel to get home tomorrow has convinced me to take it slow today. Have had breakfast and brought a Coca tea back to bed with me. Will go walkabout later and get to see Cusco in daylight. Just wanted to share this post from the roll call.

We also met someone who was embarking at Valparaiso. He told me that he got an email from Princess saying that they had moved up sailing time from 6 to 5 that day. I was part of our the havoc in the disembarkation area and knew the ship couldnt leave port by 5 or 6. Later that evening I saw the Crown Princess still docked. Not sure when it really left port but it was sometime after 8. There were about 1100 passengers still on the ship when the strike started at 930. I think that there were 100s in the baggage terminal who were held up too. I heard that the strike was strategically planned to start after cruise passengers left on tours. Anyone who was in the earliest embarkation groups probably have no idea of the strike. I definitely did not "come back new"!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Penultimate day: Cusco

Went down for breakfast then put myself back to bed. Utterly shattered. Came downstairs around 1030. There are quite a few from the tour there. Seems only half have made today's big excursion. The tour guides have arranged a walking tour of Cusco and another involving a short ride. I am worrying about a couple who were taken to hospital by ambulance this morning.

I am so glad I stayed in Cusco today. Did a whole load of walkabout and market visiting. I'd thought the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne was something..... the San Pedro market here is phenomenal. People barter hard here.

More from Punta Tombo

DSCN2436.jpg

DSCN2437.jpg

Why they've stopped on the bridge

DSCN2438.jpg

DSCN2441.jpg

DSCN2442.jpg

DSCN2457.jpg

Sailaway is late again..... waiting on Cruise ship tours to return. This happens at every port of call.

Dismantling the access ramp.

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2537.jpg

DSCN2538.jpg

Am currently fighting a losing battle with the hotel wifi...... or Photobucket..... one or the other or both...... need to get ready for dinner out..... the last supper!! BBL x