What Would You Do? Ages 16 To 68

desmith

We are having a struggle deciding what to do on St. Martin. There will be 6 of us ages ranging from 16 to 68. What would you do? Go!!!

Is there a price per person maximum? What are your port times?

Edited by Karysa

None of us have been there before. Port times 8:00 to 5:00. Let's keep the limit to $100 per person. Thanks

Here are two of my faviorite ways to spend a day on the island.

Consider taking a taxi over to Grand Case and go to one of the beach bar /restaurants that supply chairs and umbrellas for patrons. While there your group can eat, drink, boutique shop, make their own perfume, sample a french bakery, rent watersports, go on a snorkel trip from Creole Rock Watersports (book in advance), take a long walk on a long beach or just swim and relax. There are many things to do that may suit a group with the age spread that you have.

Being out on the water on the Golden Eagle Catameran or another boat trip is also a favourite thing of mine to do while on St. Maarten.

If you all like the water and boating, check out the tours with Captain Bob Cass. It is an entire day with swimming, snorkeling, a lunch at a beach restaurant and checking out the planes landing over the beach. The boats hold about 12 people and have three 300 horse motors that really move. Warning - it was really rough on part of our trip. I loved it - my travel friend did not!!!

You can also negotiate with the van drivers at the port for an island tour, then arrange to go to a beach for a while.

Another option, my group of 13 did this the other day, is Tropical Boats from Marigot. Nicolas has these great 2-3 person boats, we did a 'caravan' led by him on a jetski to Happy Bay where we snorkeled and sunned and had a fantastic lunch!

It was a really great day at a very affordable price...:D

Another option, my group of 13 did this the other day, is Tropical Boats from Marigot. Nicolas has these great 2-3 person boats, we did a 'caravan' led by him on a jetski to Happy Bay where we snorkeled and sunned and had a fantastic lunch!

It was a really great day at a very affordable price...:D

This sounds great. We did something similar in the Simpson Bay lagoon a few years ago. Did you get the boats at the Marina Royale?

Yes, the company is Tropical Boats and the owner/guide is Nicolas, he was wonderful!

Here's his email:

tropicalboat@hotmail.com

It was a fun day and you'll see the info on their website.

Tell him Jeani sent you!

I looked at the website. These are different boats that Boathouse boat rental used ( not sure if they are still in business). I have seen these ones out in the water. Similar to other companies out of the Simpson Bay Area.