luggage for Alaska 14 day cruisetour

SamRV

I've been on shorter and warmer cruises before and know the size of luggage I need,but I'm stuck on this one! Doing 14 day southbound cruisetour on the Sun in June starting in Fairbanks. I was taking one 28" and my spouse also taking one 28". I don't know how they do it at the hotels when your there only one night. Some one said they collect your luggage early and put it on the bus or train. Is this how NCL does it or do you take your luggage down and put it on?? I won't be doing any laundry so I now I'll need to take enough to get me thur , Suggestions? Should I go smaller or each do two small instead of one large each?

Just like on the ship you put your luggage out every day, and it appears at your room the next night. Sometimes it is trucked between destinations, sometimes it goes on the busses, and sometimes it goes on the train. Most often it is trucked.

I would take your large suitcase and a small one. Remember that Alaskan weather can be sunny and warm or wet and cold. You have to be prepared for all extremes. The one good thing is no one remembers what you wear so you can wear things multiple times.

One way to help with packing is to limit shoes. We take a pair of hiking boots and a pair of dressier shoes each and that is it. We put our hiking boots on as soon as we get there and only wear the dressier shoes for dinner. Since we usually travel in tennis shoes we have all we need in footwear.

Don't take heavy or bulky coats, take lots of layers. Wool works best and cotton is the worst for layers.