Transfer from Narita to Volendam

goddessofchaos

My friend and I will arrive at Narita on March 14 and she gets in at 4:30 pm. So not sure how long customs will take but I am wondering if anyone else will be coming in near that time and would be interested in sharing a taxi with us? I heard somewhere it is a bit less expensive than the HAL transfer but that could be wrong.

:cool:

Best guess is Narita is about a 1.75-2hr drive, if traffic is not bad, to the port in Yokohama. Narita is to the the east of downtown Tokyo by quite a distance, and Yokohama is a good bit south. I would think a taxi would be exorbitant. I would most likely consider the HAL transfers in this case. You will need to check, either with HAL or your travel agent, to see what the latest flight arrival they support is.

My friend and I will arrive at Narita on March 14 and she gets in at 4:30 pm. So not sure how long customs will take but I am wondering if anyone else will be coming in near that time and would be interested in sharing a taxi with us? I heard somewhere it is a bit less expensive than the HAL transfer but that could be wrong.

:cool:

Get a train or coach from Narita to Yokohama Station, last time we went, there was a shuttle bus from Yokohama Station to the cruise port. As others have stated, taxis in Japan are extremely expensive and the bus will work out a lot cheaper, they are quite comfortable

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Narita airport to Osanbashi cruise terminal in Yokohama by taxi will cost you somewhere between us$ 300 and $400. The trip will by taxi will take about 2 hours.

Japanese taxis are very clean and very nice - but they are rather small. Putting more than 2 people with suitcases into a Japanese Taxi is quite a challenge

If you take the Narita Express train from Narita to Yokohama, the trip is still about 2 hours, but it will cost you around us$40 person. There is ample room for luggage, seating is comfortable, WIFI is available, snacks are available, and the trip is nearly a shore excursion.

When the train drops you at Yokohama Station, you will need to catch a taxi for a 10 minute ride to the cruise terminal.

Your choice..............

Having flown in Narita several times I would second taking the Narita Express to Yokohama. Easy to get to, runs exactly on time, very comfortable.

The bus service to the YCAT would be a close second.

Both work very well.