Door Decorations on Magic

FloridaGators

I know what the new rules say, so please don't be critical. I have always decorated our door. Last cruise on Elation, I received the "naughty letter" under our door and I promptly took down the door sign. Others ignored the letter and left theirs up.

Evidently it is not strictly enforced from ship to ship and I will be going on Magic in March and wondered if any of you have recently decorated your door on Magic.

Also, if you have found flame retardant paper.....please let me know where you found it.

Thanks!:)

I've not been a big door decorator, although I love to look at other people's decorations. I have used magnets before, just to make it a little easier to spot my door from a distance, but that was a couple of years ago.

I mean absolutely no disrespect so please don't take my question as such.

Since you know the rules (which actually changed on the date of your last sailing) Why not just follow the rules? I know you are trying or you wouldn't be asking about fire retardant paper.

I don't understand the logic of lovingly creating a door decoration knowing it is against the rule and that you might have to remove it.

You are very correct that there is no consistency across the fleet. On the Breeze I saw battery operated lights on one door and duct tape on another. The same week I had an acquaintance on the Dream that was asked to remove her banner. She had the documentation from the manufacture of the banner stating it was fire retardant.

And , yes, I have had a great deal of difficulty finding approved items. I have had some success at teacher supply store as many schools require flame resistant /retardant items.

Again, no intention of flaming. Pun intended. :)

I joined a group on a well-known social media site. My take on fire-retardant decorations is laminate if you can. I plan to create signs for my door using regular computer paper then laminate them and put them on my door using Command strips.

I know what the new rules say, so please don't be critical. I have always decorated our door. Last cruise on Elation, I received the "naughty letter" under our door and I promptly took down the door sign. Others ignored the letter and left theirs up.

Evidently it is not strictly enforced from ship to ship and I will be going on Magic in March and wondered if any of you have recently decorated your door on Magic.

Also, if you have found flame retardant paper.....please let me know where you found it.

Thanks!:)

We were on the Magic the week before Christmas; several people had decorated their doors in a fashion that was against the rules and it was never removed. Nor did they touch my tinsel tree (which is flame retardant but I had no proof of that). I have no idea if the door violators got a nastygram or not...;)