Tampa hotel

GAJE

Haven't stayed at the Hampton but have stayed at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point. There are, I think, three hotels there and a restaurant. The restaurant is a Bahama Breeze. Both times we have tried to eat there it has been packed with a long waiting list. I would imagine the Hampton is similar to the Holiday Inn. Holiday Inn is just a generic hotel with comfortable room and bath. Perfect for short precruise stay. You might get more information on the Florida Board. The Holiday Inn has a shuttle to the cruise port. Not sure about the Hampton.

We're staying at the The Barrymore Hotel Tampa Riverwalk in March. Downtown and close to the ship. Never been there but it's for one night, close to local places to eat and shop, reasonably priced, and they offer free transportation to the ship.

Dan

We were in Tampa two nights precruise on Jan. 11. We had originally booked the Hampton but changed at the last minute to the Holiday Inn Express because the Hampton was undergoing exterior renovation.

We were happy with the HI and got a free upgrade to a larger room facing the water. The front desk was very nice to do this. The airport shuttle also picked us up promptly.

We had considered doing the shuttle to the port but rented a car for 25 bucks for one day. We were able to get a free ride to the ship when we returned the car on embarkation day. Everything worked fine.

Our cruise was great! Hope you enjoy yours!

The Hampton Inn Rocky Point is my hotel of choice in Tampa. The last time I was there, there was a construction problem that forced me to be moved to the Holiday Inn Express. IT WAS AWFUL!! The walls are paper thin, the air conditioner didn't cool the room effectively, there was a blue light outside my window that lit the room like daylight even with the blackout curtains drawn, the phones in the room did not work -- and when I complained to the front desk, the response was a blank stare and a comment about everyone having cell phones. And on check-out morning the elevators were out of order with no help from the hotel staff getting luggage from the upper floors. The Holiday Inn Express was positively dreadful, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I was so sorry I had to be moved from the Hampton Inn, which has always been nice.

The closest restaurant is the Bahama Breeze across a parking lot. I've never had issues getting a table quickly, but it may be because we prefer to eat early and aren't picky about table location, definitely preferring the tables inside to the patio. And the food is good.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Hampton Inn or Bahama Breeze.

I've stayed at the Barrymore numerous times, used to be a Howard Johnsons. Location is good and they will shuttle to Ybor city, grocery store etc. Small fridge and micro in room, usually gets my dinner leftovers. I buy fruit and pastry for breakfast, restaurant not impressive. Due to a shortage in housing at the local university they have contracted a floor or 2 for student housing. Not a problem for me but explains the young people about. Hope your stay goes well.

We've stayed at the HI Rocky Point a few times to use the Park & Cruise or Park & Fly option and it worked out well. Have also used the Holiday Inn and I have to agree that the Hampton Inn is my first choice due to their somewhat more professional staff.

I like the Rocky Point location because it is tucked away a little from the heavily traveled roads, unlike a lot of airport hotels, so it's a little quieter and less traffic when you enter and exit from the hotel parking lots. The Bahama Breeze is very convenient and we usually walk over for dinner. Makes a nice start to a cruise vacation.

I've stayed at the Barrymore numerous times, used to be a Howard Johnsons. Location is good and they will shuttle to Ybor city, grocery store etc. Small fridge and micro in room, usually gets my dinner leftovers. I buy fruit and pastry for breakfast, restaurant not impressive. Due to a shortage in housing at the local university they have contracted a floor or 2 for student housing. Not a problem for me but explains the young people about. Hope your stay goes well.

Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

Dan