carry on bags

MsJ

Hello, We will be on the Paradise on Monday. This is our first cruise with Carnival. We have been traveling around Florida in our RV. Because of limited space we only have one 29" suitcase to share. My question is about carry-ons. We both have our own snorkel equipment including wet suits. We would also like to take two bottles of wine on board.

I alway, alway have a change of clothes and a bathing suit in my carry on in case luggage doesn't arrive until later at night.(Learned this the hard way) I always carry my backpack on filled as much as I can even with 2 suitcase instead of just one. My husband will be carrying his big bag on with his big flippers and his backpack.

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me if Carnival limits the number of carry on bags. I have a small canvas bag with a zipper. And I also have a large mesh bag that is 1 inch over the height limit and about an inch and a half over the width limit for carry ons but would hold tons of stuff.Is Carnival real strict about the size of carry ons? It is only a 5 day cruise and over the years have learned that I don't really need tons of clothes.Its the other stuff I am worried about.

As we are parking our truck and RV at the Tampa port in 2 different lots I do not want to leave my laptop behind so I will need to carry that along with iPad and Nook. And charging cords.

We have been on 20 plus cruises but it has either been flying to Florida or driving to NYC and having 2 suitcases was never a problem.

Sorry about this long rambling question but I am getting worried about getting the things we need on board.

Thank you for any info.

Marianne

PS I also HAVE to take my own pillow with me. Tried it once without and never slept most of the night.

Carry-On Luggage

From Carnival website: Guests are encouraged to limit their luggage to two suitcases per guest.For those guests who wish to carry on luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine. When laying flat, it must not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide (40.64cm x 60.96cm); the length of the bag is not a factor. Anything larger, must be checked-in with a curbside porter. We suggest that all luggage be unlocked and have a Carnival luggage tag attached listing the guest's name and stateroom number.

The carry on bag size is limited by the size of the X-ray opening 16x24xwhatever. So you can take a bag that's 16x24x100 but not a box that's 24x24x24. It does not matter which side measures what.

If you insist carrying on everything, plan to board after the cabins open.

FWIW there will be lots of space under the bed for your luggage.

The bathroom situation on the Fantasy class is dismal. The other classes have a much better bathroom arrangement. Know you didn't ask but it does need a warning.

Edited by SadieN