Please advise if I'm on the right track, pre/post help!

muns

Help please! so many threads and very confusing. First trip to the NY area. Sailing RCL Anthem of the Seas. July 1,2017 debarking Thursday, July 6th.

Was planning to fly into EWR late on a Friday night.

Would need a cheap place to stay and advise on how to get to cape Liberty.

After Cruise, would like a (2) night stay in times square for some sightseeing.

Does not have to be a fancy place, just clean and safe, within walking distance to sites.

Leaning toward booking the Westin New York hotel but open for other suggestions and thoughts on this hotel location.

Today the rates are much lower on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York and the Wellington. Are these hotels just as nice and covenant as the Westin?

Then should I then fly out of LGA instead of EWR?

THANK YOU FOR ANY Advice YOU CAN OFFER!!

Help please! so many threads and very confusing. First trip to the NY area. Sailing RCL Anthem of the Seas. July 1,2017 debarking Thursday, July 6th.

Was planning to fly into EWR late on a Friday night.

Would need a cheap place to stay and advise on how to get to cape Liberty.

After Cruise, would like a (2) night stay in times square for some sightseeing.

Does not have to be a fancy place, just clean and safe, within walking distance to sites.

Leaning toward booking the Westin New York hotel but open for other suggestions and thoughts on this hotel location.

Today the rates are much lower on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New York and the Wellington. Are these hotels just as nice and covenant as the Westin?

Then should I then fly out of LGA instead of EWR?

THANK YOU FOR ANY Advice YOU CAN OFFER!!

1). A cheap hotel at EWR is a cheap hotel. Don't book anything under $100. Trinityreservations.com offers a sleep cruise package for $173 tax included which includes round trip port transportation. One way port transportation costs $55-65, so this is a good deal (I'm using it next week)

2). A car service to Manhattan will cost you $80-100 with tolls and tip. I recommend you consider using the Trinity return trip to EWR to access the NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station or the airport bus to Port Authority bus terminal to get to Manhattan where you would take a short cab ride to your hotel.

3). If you're seeing good hotel prices today and they are cancellable, make a reservation. What is the address of the Hilton you are looking at?

4). Flying out of LGA is fine. It will cost $40-50 for a car service to get there. There is also an airport bus. Flying out of EWR is also fine. Train/bus costs $13-18/pp.