would like to meet other solo travelers who sail on Crystal

haikou

My cruis eline of choice is Crystal but can't always afford it, so I tried Celebrity last fall, and though I encountered enough issues to never cruise with Celebrity again, after I was home for a few months, and had tim eto "chill", have decided lightning is not likely to strike twice (or hope not) with the things I encountered, and so am going to go on Millennium again in the near future. With all the changes at Crystal, including raising the fares painfully high, I know I need a Plan B cruise line... At the moment it is Celebrity, but am likely to try HAL as well.

My cruis eline of choice is Crystal but can't always afford it, so I tried Celebrity last fall, and though I encountered enough issues to never cruise with Celebrity again, after I was home for a few months, and had tim eto "chill", have decided lightning is not likely to strike twice (or hope not) with the things I encountered, and so am going to go on Millennium again in the near future. With all the changes at Crystal, including raising the fares painfully high, I know I need a Plan B cruise line... At the moment it is Celebrity, but am likely to try HAL as well.

What happened on your Celebrity cruise? I've looked at them as well as a Plan B cruise line.

Hi,

I always thought that people posting about going on Crystal were spending too much money when I compared to what I was spending on a Carnival trip.

BUT! Lately not only has Carnival gotten more expensive, Crystal offers a lot more extras including in the basic fare.

Thus I am saying I am sorry for all the times in the past I have said Crystal was too expensive, it definely offers a good bang for the buck.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Carnival Fan)

PS. The last time I look on CruisePlum the solo cruises were $500 a day for Crystal and $450 a day for Carnival, it is not worth just a $50 saving.

A few more details please. Is the Celebrity price a firm cap or a general guideline? The per day effective rate, or does the total price have to fit within a defined budget?

For me, a deal-breaker service deficiency is crappy music and a couldn't-care-less attitude by the Cruise Director (both Celebrity and Crystal failed miserably, although to be fair, so do most American ships). Is that the same for you?

$450 for Carnival- did you do any comparison shopping?

Both my recent Crystal cruises were significantly less than $500 a day, but both were transgenic, which tend to be less expensive. My cruise transpacific cruise this April is $400 a day, including taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, autocorrect made a mess of that post, but I'm sure you get the gist of what I meant. Even my Panama Canal cruise in 2018 (a very strange bargain) is under $400 per day.

Hi,

PS. The last time I look on CruisePlum the solo cruises were $500 a day for Crystal and $450 a day for Carnival, it is not worth just a $50 saving.

If you haven't already, I suggest you check out the 1 person "hot deals". The supplement %s might be higher, but the daily prices can be lower. As calliopecruiser says, there are $400 p.d. options on Crystal.

What happened on your Celebrity cruise? I've looked at them as well as a Plan B cruise line.

Things happened from day 1.First, the bathroom(shower only) smelled very mildew so I made them reclean it. Then the steward brought me a stained second blanket(looked like dried milk/baby spit up - and folded it in a square next to the next day's ship newspaper ,as if I was supposed to accept that as clean-I thinketh not. Many degmagnetization issues with my room card, and of course the front desk accused me of having it too close to my ipad(I did not always have my ipad with me and when I did it had ia thick leather cover on it. At dinner, upon entrance, one of the greeters spoke to passengers like a child::She told me"washy, washy" .That did not go over with me well .Plus the fact she did not stop a man in front of me but made me come back to get the sanitizer. So I gave them the what for about what appeared to be a sexist action as well as to knock off the baby talk... I could go on but this went on for a good week if not more of a 15 day cruise and I was not amused.

If you haven't already, I suggest you check out the 1 person "hot deals". The supplement %s might be higher, but the daily prices can be lower. As calliopecruiser says, there are $400 p.d. options on Crystal.

I was not clear, I mean Carnival is not worth it just just save $50 a day considering all the extras that Crystal gives you.