Celebration Cakes

Big Foot

Hello,

I'm after some advice please!

I've booked a 2 night cruise on Britannia departing on Friday 24th March as part of my Parents Golden Wedding celebrations.

It's their actual anniversary on Saturday 25th.

I know you can purchase cakes via the cruise personaliser, however, these seem pretty small / standard designs etc.

I was wondering if, as I've booked them into a suite, I could have a word with the Butler & arrange for a cake to be made & delivered to the table during dinner.

But then I thought that's probably not enough notice so started looking at the P&O website. Mum & Dad aren't the sort of people who would enjoy the renewal off vowels ceremony, but whilst looking I stumbled across this ....

http://www.pocruises.com/ceremonies-at-sea/finishing-touches/cakes/

Does anyone know if you can only order these cakes if you are having a ceremony?

Has anyone ordered a special cake in advance?

Now the other potential issue I have is that they say cakes have to be ordered no later than 56 days before departure & if I'm counting correctly I'm at approx 53 days!

I'd appreciate any help / advice.

Thank you.

I presume you are doing a round trip from Southampton? Is it possible that you can provide your own cake and ask the butler to present it in your parents' suite? I realise it may be a challenge to get it onboard (run it by P&O first), but you would have control over the design, size, shape, message, etc. And it wouldn't be a last minute surprise (to you); you would exactly what was being provided. Just a thought.

I presume you are doing a round trip from Southampton? Is it possible that you can provide your own cake and ask the butler to present it in your parents' suite? I realise it may be a challenge to get it onboard (run it by P&O first), but you would have control over the design, size, shape, message, etc. And it wouldn't be a last minute surprise (to you); you would exactly what was being provided. Just a thought.

Hi,

Yes, but its only a 2 night cruise ~ we've booked a longer cruise for them in September as their actual present.

I had thought of that option, however, we're travelling together in one car so unfortunately its not really an option.

Oh well, never mind it was just an idea.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Hi Big Foot, I've never done this through cruise personalizer but I did do it in July on-board Aurora. I went to reception and picked the size and requested the writing that we wanted, we had it delivered to the table for dinner but we could have had it sent to the cabin. Sounds like a lovey trip for you all, enjoy!:)

Hi Big Foot, I've never done this through cruise personalizer but I did do it in July on-board Aurora. I went to reception and picked the size and requested the writing that we wanted, we had it delivered to the table for dinner but we could have had it sent to the cabin. Sounds like a lovey trip for you all, enjoy!:)

Hello,

Thank you for the info / tip.

I have emailed P&O & hopefully the ship but I will try reception once on board.

Joan