Where to buy a serape at Cozumel port

gunner13

Hi everyone! Is two weeks we are stopping in Cozumel on the Oasis. I have a request for an "authentic Mexican Serape." I'm hoping someone can suggest a store in the port area where I might find such a thing. This is an old rock & roll cruise through AAA so our entertainment is on the ship. If it weren't for that we wouldn't be going. I had an extensive surgical rebuild of my right shoulder so getting too far afield this trip won't be on our agenda. Any hints on what to look for (materials...???, etc) would also be appreciated.

Thank you four your help.

Edited by gunner13
I hit "post" after the first 2 words.

But you will find some better shops, like Caravan, downtown away from the plaza. Plaza shops have similar stuff to shops on the piers. You'll be at the International Pier. They are expanding, or have recently expanded, the area around that pier, so not sure what shops are goods are available. If you walk a 1/4 mile south to Puerta Maya, you can find a whole slew of shops with serapes and hammocks.

But you will find some better shops, like Caravan, downtown away from the plaza. Plaza shops have similar stuff to shops on the piers. You'll be at the International Pier. They are expanding, or have recently expanded, the area around that pier, so not sure what shops are goods are available. If you walk a 1/4 mile south to Puerta Maya, you can find a whole slew of shops with serapes and hammocks.

Thanks! I'll check those places. A quarter mile is doable - even for an old guy with a bum wing.