New show coming to the Dream! Beauty and the Beast!

Ex techie

I had heard a rumor of a new show with a working title of "The Music Box" to replace Villains, and it was to be Beauty and the Beast, but not officially confirmed.

HOWEVER, the Disney Auditions site are seeking performers to play the roles of

• Brandon
  • Mrs Potts
  • Lumiere
  • Cogsworth
  • Belle
  • Garderobe/Wardrobe
  • Beast
  • Le Fou

And these are for performing and vocal roles, so it is confirmed!

OPENING COMPANY: Awarded BEST LARGE CRUISE SHIP by Cruise Critics: The Disney Dream! Disney Cruise Line is once again teaming up with the 2016 Astaire Award winner, New York Director & Choreographer: Connor Gallagher. Connor Choreographed Disney Cruise Line’s Tangled, the Musical on board the Disney Magic. His works include award winning The Robber Bridegroom (Roundabout Theatre Company), Robert Schenkkan’s The Twelve (Denver Center) and Found coming soon to Broadway!

Along with our Artistic and Production Director, Ed Whitlow, we will be hiring a repertory company of 24 performers to portray roles in each of our musical theatre style productions. Toronto rehearsal begins early June 2017 with onboard performance contract ending mid-March 2018. Contracts include: competitive pay plus bonus, room and board, guest sailing privileges, and additional benefits package.

So likely to be mounted on the Dream Sept 2017.

https://disneyauditions.com/audition-calendar/?business_unit=3

Screen%20Shot%20BAB%201%20OF%202.png

Screen%20Shot%20BAB%202%20OF%202.png

ex techie

Great find Techie and should be a pretty awesome play, especially with the Genie and Rafiki.

Lol! Now that would be a weird show!

They obviously need the cast to perform the 3 shows, so need lead "principal" performers for all of the shows!

So it will be Golden Mickey's, Twice Charmed and Beauty and the Beast (the musical?) from the fall.

ex techie

We cruised on the Fantasy when one of the DCL casting people was on board and did a couple of informative lectures.

He said that they hire for the principle roles, then assign those same people to more minor roles in the other productions...so that basically everyone in the cast has one main role and 2 or more minor ones. But the audition process logically looks for the major role as well as how the ensemble works together.

After emailing Scott to let him know about the casting call, he has produced a comprehensive journalist write up with lots of info!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2017/01/casting-notice-suggests-beauty-beast-next-new-disney-dream-stage-show/

The casting notice (pdf) includes characters from the plug and play roles for Disney Believe including the principle role for Sophia, but lacks key character mentions from Villains Tonight which was retired on the Disney Magic when Tangled: The Musical opened. Additionally, the casting call mentions Brandon, Kayla, and Nicole which are the trio from Disney Wishes which is currently exclusive to the Disney Fantasy. Could this mean that The Golden Mickeys is out in favor of Disney Wishes? Time will tell, I may just be reading way to much into this casting call and remember this has not been confirmed or announced by Disney Cruise Line.

Yeah, with all the characters, it didn't sound like a new show, it sounded like they needed a larger repertory of Wishes, Golden Mickeys and Believe performers to start rotating in the new shows to different ships (with Frozen maybe looking to move past the Wonder, and a new fancy-director B&B that's not the old Studios park show), and rotating out the aforementioned old ones.

Which is good, since from what I've seen on YouTube, "Villains Tonight" isn't the best, and is starting to feel its age.

(Although I'm happy that "Hercules"'s movie is being rediscovered on video, it's sort of embarrassing when the late-90's/early-00's shows are still being played.)

Edited by EJanss

Yeah, with all the characters, it didn't sound like a new show, it sounded like they needed a larger repertory of Wishes, Golden Mickeys and Believe performers to start rotating in the new shows to different ships (with Frozen maybe looking to move past the Wonder, and a new fancy-director B&B that's not the old Studios park show), and rotating out the aforementioned old ones.

Which is good, since from what I've seen on YouTube, "Villains Tonight" isn't the best, and is starting to feel its age.

(Although I'm happy that "Hercules"'s movie is being rediscovered on video, it's sort of embarrassing when the late-90's/early-00's shows are still being played.)

Yes I got the show wrong with Twice Charmed, and not Believe.

Is Quasi in any other show than GM's?

I cannot see any Frozen Character performers required though, or puppeteers?

And if the casting call is incorrect as some are, it could explain the crossover of Characters between shows.

However Eric, many of the Characters such as Lumiere, Garderobe, Le Fou, Mrs Potts, have never appeared as face Characters, or furries aboard. Those roles that were there, were puppets, and recorded voice overs, so no requirement for the Character to be able to sing such as the Beast?

ex techie

However Eric, many of the Characters such as Lumiere, Garderobe, Le Fou, Mrs Potts, have never appeared as face Characters, or furries aboard. Those roles that were there, were puppets, and recorded voice overs, so no requirement for the Character to be able to sing such as the Beast?

The press statement was advertising Connor Gallagher's reputation, so that's why I assumed B&B was getting an all new production, on the heels of Tangled and Frozen.

The casting mentions Mrs. Potts singing the title song, and that LeFou "had to be able to sing", so it is probably getting some new production, but with maybe a nod to the upcoming movie.

All conjecture at this point, but not hard to guess with their attempts to make lightning strike multiple times.

Thanks. I was wondering if I missed out on another Disney flick.

The last time I was on the Wonder (May 2016) they did a really nice job on opening night with a Beauty and Beast theme regarding dining. It will be nice to see a production should I ever sail on the ship that will have it.

i'd love to see this...too bad it won't be ready for our cruise in august!!

as for the disney audition process, DD has taken part for both DCL and WDW (where she was offered a position)..

she says disney is without equal in how amazing their auditions are..

how wonderful the people are...friendly, supportive..

she says that typically auditions are full of awful, nasty, arrogant, competitive people, including the people running the auditions..

while at the disney auditions, it's just the opposite...

i'd love to see this...too bad it won't be ready for our cruise in august!!

as for the disney audition process, DD has taken part for both DCL and WDW (where she was offered a position)..

she says disney is without equal in how amazing their auditions are..

how wonderful the people are...friendly, supportive..

she says that typically auditions are full of awful, nasty, arrogant, competitive people, including the people running the auditions..

while at the disney auditions, it's just the opposite...

Another nice thing about the audition process is that the guy in charge has a good idea of what other parts of the Disney corp are looking for. He said that while he may be auditioning people for a DCL show, if he sees someone who he feels is right for an open position at Disneyland, any of the Broadway shows, etc. he will use his contacts to get them considered for those positions.

Another nice thing about the audition process is that the guy in charge has a good idea of what other parts of the Disney corp are looking for. He said that while he may be auditioning people for a DCL show' date=' if he sees someone who he feels is right for an open position at Disneyland, any of the Broadway shows, etc. he will use his contacts to get them considered for those positions.[/quote']

very true..

and not only that...

they give advice...

you're auditioned by a head guy who offers advice freely....doesn't just dismiss you with a quick, 'next' (like usually happens in auditions)..

the first time she auditioned at WDW, she was pretty new to performing...

and very new to auditioning..

she was impressed right off the bat at how warm and welcoming they were....everyone, including the head guy who was actually running the auditions...

then, at the end, he (the top dude at WDW entertainment) gave her a ton of advice of what to do next...what to improve...how to go about improving....what to work on...etc.etc...

she took that advice and came back the next year to try again and that time around was called back.

and ultimately was offered a role..

since then she's had lots of experience performing and auditioning and she still says there's no audition anywhere that compares to how it's done at disney....

the level of humanity that they maintain is second to none..

so while disney certainly isn't perfect, there are things that they definitely do get very right...