First time cruiser - have a few ?'s

jennyfur02

I will be cruising the end of March and I am flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. The day we return I have all day before my flight takes off.

What can I do with our "carry on" luggage while We hang out in Miami?

What is the cheapest way to get from the cruise to the airport?

Besides the beach what are some fun things to do before our flight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last January my friend and I had an entire day when we returned as well. We also flew out of Fort Lauderdale. We rented a car for the day and spent the day in Hollywood Beach on their little board walk there. We had a great lunch and did some shopping. The rental car was nice because our luggage was in the trunk all day long... And for the rental car it was only like 54 $ which fit into our budget... We returned the car at the airport... Easy and stress free...

I would look into booking a "day room" at a hotel. It will give you a place "to be" with pool, restaurant, tv, bathroom, etc...

You could compare the cost of the day room to changing to an earlier flight. IMO, there is nothing worse than trying to "kill time".

Cheapest way to airport is a shuttle. There will be a bunch of them when you get off the ship. Uber, Lyft or a taxi is another alternative.

Four Seasons does day passes to their pool. I assume you can leave bags with the bell desk. It was $35 per person a year ago, but we ended up not doing it because it was COLD the day we returned. Other hotels probably off a similar deal. The hotel we stayed at before the cruise (Z Ocean) said they would hold our luggage, too.

Its not just carry on luggage. You'll collect all your luggage as you leave the ship and you will have to deal with everything all day.

We are thinking of spending a few hours before our flight to hang out at Hollywood Beach ...transportation from port to there? Looking for cheapest and also I guess maybe a day room to hold our luggage? Suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly -- driving there really isnt that bad. Download the Waze app on your phone and it will give you turn by turn directions. That way your luggage is safe in your trunk and you don't have to pay a fortune for transportation. Hollywood beach has super easy parking garages and you park and then go walk up and down the beach. Great places for lunch.

We are in the same boat. Our return flight is in march at around 7 pm from FLL. We plan on taking our time getting off of the boat and picking up a rental car to explore Ft. Lauderdale. It sure beats sitting in an airport all day and is hundreds cheaper than an earlier flight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app