Bacon Shortage

swilliams1660

Back in 2011 when we took a cruise on the Carnival Valor, guests couldn’t serve themselves bacon from the buffet. There was a cook serving pieces of bacon to each guest. Naturally you could go up more than once. At the time I think it was a cost cutting measure. I don’t know if that was ship specific but I seem remember Cruise Critic members complaining on the Carnival forum about not being able to serve yourself bacon.

If you look at my signature you’ll notice that was the only cruise I took on Carnival. Coincidence? Maybe…and maybe not.

"There was a cook serving pieces of bacon to each guest. Naturally you could go up more than once."

On our second and last Carnival cruise these folks were serving one piece of bacon at a time!:eek: We were soon referring to these folks as the Bacon Police.

Don't think so but there may be a bacon patrol.

There used to be joking about the bacon police on Carnival but the last cruises I have done there was plenty of bacon. Both cruise lines seemed to have somebody serving it and I saw lots. What is with the popularity of bacon anyway?😁 I would go squirrelly if there were no sausages.

Love the porkage and rumage talk here. Lol.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD using Tapatalk

Roger, even in the MDR you see one person being served an entire plate full of bacon. There must be at least 10 strips there. I guess you have to ask for a plate full of bacon, because I've ordered a side, and got 3 pieces.

On my last cruise this woman was being served a plate full of bacon, and she proceeded to inspect every strip there, finally pointing to one with her hideously long silver artificial nails and saying "I don't like that one". The waiter took the entire plate away to the kitchen, where the offending strip was swapped out. What sane person would send back bacon, especially with so many strips that passed muster?

I swear it was funny enough to be on SNL. I finished up and left quickly.

Don't you just hate those "bacon hogs"?

Ahh the "magical mystical animal "!!! Sure Lisa on animal provides pork, ham and bacon!!!!

On our recent cruise only one side of the buffet served the "real" stuff and it was usually hidden.

They like to call it "English" bacon or "back" bacon I just call it the REAL stuff .. not that dried, shrivelled, snap hard stuff they usually pretend is "bacon"

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums