We've Got Pictures!!! Photos from Our Panama Canal Cruise

HeatherInFlorida

I've uploaded hundreds of my photos from this amazing and memorable cruise. I've labelled them as best I can and don't want to bore everyone to death so I really tried to omit as many as possible.

Doesn't matter what line you're on ... this is an awesome itinerary and if you haven't done it yet, these pictures just might entice you to do it.

Hope you enjoy. Here's the link: Webshots Community - heatherinflorida. They're in there backwards, but the albums are numbered:) .

Great pictures Heather. We were supposed to do that cruise over Thanksgiving (next week) but had to cancel - long story. Always wanted to do a full transit. We settled for another partial transit in Jan. We'll be in Aruba. What resort were you at?

Marsha:)

I will say that the resort was on a strip of beach known as Eagle Beach. There are many resorts along that beach I'm sure. But a little search may lead you right to it. If you want to get a virtual "feel" for the beach, click here: Aruba - La Cabana (you have to have Java to view the virtual tour). This is NOT the resort/hotel/restaurant we were at, but it's very similar.

I did promise John (C.D.) I wouldn't report the actual name because after he told us about it, he was practically nailed to the wall! So I promised and I never break a promise.

But Eagle Beach is on the maps so you can take it from there. The sand is like white powder and as you can see there is nothing quite like the colors of the Caribbean Sea. I'm sure all the beaches along there are equally nice ... we just liked this one because it was so uncrowded.

When we are in Aruba Dec. 6 our plan is to take the bus out the High Hotel area and walk the beaches of the Hyatt, Radison, etc. We were in Aruba in 1995 and it is an easy ride. It is very easy to get around in Aruba.

Heather,

I have enjoyed seeing your photos especially as we will be going through the Canal next September and calling into some of the ports you visited.

I would like to say what a happy, glamourous couple you and your DH make. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and may you two have many more.

Jennie

HeatherInFlorida did you take your pictures with a digital camera or a 35mm camera. I would think due to the large number it was a digital. They were great pictures. After looking at them I almost don't have to take that cruise.

(Yea right) Hope to take it in 2007. Thank you for the pictures.

Jennie, you are so, so sweet to say that! Makes my day! We are definitely happy, especially on this journey...but "glamourous"? Hmmmm ... anyway, thanks. It's an awesome trip and you are going to love it.

Boards, I know. It's way too many pictures, but you should see how many I didn't upload!!! It's definitely a digital and the original photos are wonderful. For some reason they never look nearly as clear on Webshots.

What I love about the digital cameras is that you can just keep clicking away and it costs nothing until you order prints. I'm very careful about doing that!

Our cruise convinced my friends (who watched our dog and house for us while we were gone) to take this cruise in April 2007. Do it! You won't be sorry.

I will say that the resort was on a strip of beach known as Eagle Beach. There are many resorts along that beach I'm sure. But a little search may lead you right to it. If you want to get a virtual "feel" for the beach, click here: Aruba - La Cabana (you have to have Java to view the virtual tour). This is NOT the resort/hotel/restaurant we were at, but it's very similar.

I did promise John (C.D.) I wouldn't report the actual name because after he told us about it, he was practically nailed to the wall! So I promised and I never break a promise.

But Eagle Beach is on the maps so you can take it from there. The sand is like white powder and as you can see there is nothing quite like the colors of the Caribbean Sea. I'm sure all the beaches along there are equally nice ... we just liked this one because it was so uncrowded.

Heather, your photos gave away the location (but I won't say which hotel :D )...and it IS one of the nicest spots for a quiet beach break with all of the amenities of a resort. :) Very few, if ever any kids there (kinda of discouraged) and many honeymooners and repeat visitors...

Lisa, and that's okay!!! I just said I wouldn't say the name:) and I didn't. So I held up my end of the bargain;) . There were no children at all there when we were there. I've checked out the resort and think we may be spending some time there one of these days.

I had pictures of the name of the restaurant, but didn't upload them ... so I'm really a very good girl:D .

Heather - Thank you so much for the pictures. Found them to be fascinating and You and Ray are a great looking couple. Loved the ones at sunset in Costa Rica and the ones at the canal. Gonna have to look at the ones in Aruba a bit closer so I can find out the resort!

Have to add that if after seeing these pictures and reading the reviews anyone that is saying "I just have to do that cruise" that the opposite cruise (Ft Lauderdale to Los Angles) in Apr 07 already has a Roll Call. Ten CC'rs at 17 months out - join us.

Again, Heather, Thank you! And very glad you had such a wonderful time.

Heather,

As we will be calling into Aruba next September, I decided to do a bit of detective work yesterday and now think I have found where you had that lovely day on the beach.

It seems to be a perfect spot for a leisurely day and if I remember you did mention in your review that the restaurant was good, which would be great for lunch. We will be sailing with another Aussie couple and love good beaches, so this seems to be the perfect answer to our day in Aruba.

Jennie

Jennie, I was sure with a little detective work some could find it. We didn't try the restaurant, but when I found the website for the resort, I did take a peek at the menu. The place was so lovely from what I saw that we are considering a getaway down there someday.

Under each "hut" was a flag lying on the ground. We were told to just stick it in the sand and they'd come running to take our beverage order!

If you do go, let me know how the restaurant is:) . I just hope you found the exact spot because that was the best along there that we saw. Email me in my sig and I'll let you know if you're right.

Main thing is ... I didn't mention it;) !

Archived