Cruising at Christmas

midwesthiker

This Christmas will be our first cruise. Can anyone tell me what special things they have going on Christmas Eve/Day? We are trying to escape the cold weather and enjoy our time as a family in warm weather, but I love the decorations and all the fun of the holidays.

Thanks! If it helps, we will be on the Glory and Christmas Day is in Amber Cove. It will be my husband, our daughter, my mother, and I.

Ships nicely decorated. Special meal in dining room. Holiday music piped throughout ship. Special holiday show put on by kids club or staff. Free champagne/eggnog. Santa in atrium giving out candy canes/small gifts to kids Christmas eve. Tree in atrium. Usually a gingerbread/candy village set up somewhere.

Hey Midwesthiker, my wife and I are sailing on that same cruise you are booked on...as well as the week before on the same ship. I was hoping Christmas Day was a day at sea as was in the original itinerary (with another day at Half Moon Cuay). But now that it has changed to Amber Cove, we are looking for an excursion for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Midwesthiker, my wife and I are sailing on that same cruise you are booked on...as well as the week before on the same ship. I was hoping Christmas Day was a day at sea as was in the original itinerary (with another day at Half Moon Cuay). But now that it has changed to Amber Cove, we are looking for an excursion for that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fun! Yeah we are not sure about Amber Cove. None of the excursions really interest us and we are not big pool people.

We cruise in December each year for our anniversary. The Breeze, Magic, and Triumph have had ugly sweater contests for the last three years that I know of. On the Triumph, there was a Christmas carol sing-a-long with Santa and it "snowed". It was fun IMO. Kids seem to love it especially when Santa arrives on the elevator. He can be seen through the glass elevator. The decorations are nice and you take your own photos or take professional ones.

Sounds great! My "kid" will be with, but she is 25. So we will be able to get a few fun family pictures. :)

My husband still "refuses" to dress up at all - but he heard the Steakhouse bar menu may have some higher end bourbons on there, so he may weaken by that time!

We are from MN, so "snow" isn't all that exciting, but I love seeing people who don't normally have snow react to it, so that will be fun.

Is there a way to learn what stuff they will have going on before we cruise? If they do Ugly Sweater, I want to make sure I pack mine! lol