5-day Carnival Elation out of Tax

DharmaMtn

At the cost of $69.95 per cabin I'm not sure about how worthy FTTF is... with staggered checkin now I don't think the early checkin helps as much, since you still need to wait to board. Yes, you'll board before the others, but again, with the staggered check in we'll probably get a low zone boarding card and will be boarding shortly after the FTTF folks.

However I think being able to drop your carry-ons in your cabin is great, as well as getting your luggage earlier (remember to get the porters to put the orange FTTF luggage tag on your suitcases or they'll just arrive at the same time they always did).

If you have tendering ports and you plan excursions, FTTF will get you off the ship earlier. Also you can get off the ship at the end of your cruise earlier which can be great if you're flying out and need to get moving sooner. However we do self-debark and find it's just as fast.

If you anticipate having to go to Guest Services occasionally that VIP service line is NICE! However I'll just plan to go at times when the crowds are lower.

This next cruise we opted not to do FTTF- we have a 10:30 checkin, we have no tender ports and we're driving to the port so we'll go without it this time to see if it's a big difference. Besides, not getting it saves the cost of another dinner in the steakhouse for the 2 of us!

Thanks, SL. I think our only tender port is HMC. My 1st cruise was Norwegian and we didn’t opt for any upgrades. Last cruise was a suite on Holland which spoiled me.

Well, I've never been to HMC but I do know people say it's best to get to your beach spot early, as it can get crowded, especially depending how many ships are there that day. So if you get FTTF you'll be able to get off sooner, pick your spot and begin your day of sunworshipping... but then again, even if you don't tender early, you will probably still find a spot worthy to set up for your day... maybe someone more familiar with HMC can speak up here?

Oh, and more importantly, since we decided on this cruise last-minute, my grans have only birth certs. Along with a notarized permission to travel letter from my daughter do you think this is sufficient not only for embark/disembark but for activities on the islands?

Yes, if you want a particular cabana. You can also make any soda requests if you desire. (We preferred diet.) They will ask you for the number of people in your group. Even though it was just the wife and I, we told them four "just in case." :D

To your original question, if you are going to visit Atlantis for the day, look into booking a room at Comfort Suites Paradise Island. It's across the street and gives you full privileges at Atlantis. I did it a few years ago with my teenagers and it was awesome. Just take a taxi to the hotel from the cruise port. The service was great - they are very familiar with this option and they give you arm bands for up to 4. After we were finished at Atlantis, we went back to the hotel room, all had showers (luxury after the size of the cruise ship showers) and then taxis were waiting out front to take us back to the cruise. I believe I paid $189 for the room and the excursion was over $100 per person. It was a great day - Atlantis is beautiful. But one note - everything inside (food, drinks..) is quite pricy and all the service attendants expect to be tipped.