Getting to Las Gatas beach?

reking

Hello,

Next week my husband and I are going on the 8 day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Carnival Spirit.

When we're in Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, we'd like to go to Las Gatas beach. I know we need to take a ferry there, but I don't know where to catch the ferry.

I heard the ship docks in Zihua Bay, is this correct? If someone could please tell me how to get from the cruise ship to the ferry to Las Gatas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Yes, the ship anchors in the bay so you will take a Tender to the dock.

When you get off the Tender walk towards town maybe 100 yards, on your right hand side will be a small building with ticket prices, you can’t miss it. Last month the ticket price was $3.00 round trip to Las Gatas Beach.

reking,

We are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise at the end of Jan. We are also thinking about going to Las Gatas beach in Zihuatenejo. If you go there could you let us know how you liked it. The following are a few things I would like to know.

1.Is the water warm? Clear? Calm?

2 Did you eat or drink at any of the beach front restuarants? If so how was it? How much was a beer?

3.Did you snorkel? If so how was it?

4. Was it a nice beach to take a walk on? Any shells?

Thanks

Have a great Cruise! :)

CaribbeanCrazy

The Ferry ride to Las Gatos is no more than 10 minutes. The Ferry’s are actually small boats that hold at max 8 people. There a many of these Ferry’s making a run back and forth to Las Gatos. We never waited to board one either at the dock or Las Gatos.

reking,

We are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise at the end of Jan. We are also thinking about going to Las Gatas beach in Zihuatenejo. If you go there could you let us know how you liked it. The following are a few things I would like to know.

1.Is the water warm? Clear? Calm?

2 Did you eat or drink at any of the beach front restuarants? If so how was it? How much was a beer?

3.Did you snorkel? If so how was it?

4. Was it a nice beach to take a walk on? Any shells?

Thanks

Have a great Cruise! :)

CaribbeanCrazy

I was there last week...

1. Water was warmish-warmest of the whole cruise but not super warm. Clear-eh-pretty for swimming I wouldn't say great for snorkle. Fairly Calm though.

2. We ate some fish type tacos and shrimp type, giant margaritas were $5 each.

Beach was nice to walk on, but busy with the boat in. Not many shells, only things that washed up were bits of coral.

You might appreciate some beach shoes for wading in the water. Also we got a 45 minute massage for 20-well worth the money spent!!

Archived