HMC blue cabana

My dh, dd, and I will be traveling to Half Moon Cay for the first time in a couple months. My husband is not a "play all day in the sun" kind of guy, so I thought it might be nice to bite the bullet and rent a cabana.

Due to my indecisiveness, it looks like the only available cabana is the blue, which looks to be right in the thick of things. We are not real party people, so no real need/desire to be near the bar. I guess my daughter might like the kids play area.

I've heard people say "any cabana is better than no cabana", but is the blue going to be OK? We were hoping for a little more quiet, is there a way to be on a wait list for something further down the beach?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

If you read around the board, you will find a lot of info, including pictures, video, maps, etc.

"Blue" is how the cabanas are identified, by color. There is a total of 15 cabanas, in various colors- Red, Green, Pink, etc. There are also villas- much larger, 2 story cabanas. They have letters- A B C D E.

You book them through the shore excursion process for whichever cruise line you are sailing. Holland America allows you to select your cabana at time of booking, Carnival doesn't allow selection until you board the ship.