Just sailed Adventure of the Seas

racnwdow

The cruise itself was an awesome cruise. I was sick several days and was a bit apathetic and non-energetic a few other days. Medical did an awesome job, but glad I have cruise insurance to reimburse.

The very first thing I noticed that was wrong. There is no longer days of the week in elevators. For some reason this bugged me immensely. Of course not enough to make the vacation bad, but just enough that it felt wrong every time I got off on the elevator. Then I promptly forgot about it until the next time on the elevator.

I didn't go looking for things that needed to be refurbished so things looked good. Not glaring stains, rips or problems. Our cabin deck six balcony had a comfortable bed. The only time it seemed crowded was the two events in the shops area (drawing a blank on the official name). The lounge chairs on days at sea were crowded also (but that is a given). I think we had to wait for a second elevator to come two or three times all week because of crowding. And we used the elevator a lot more this trip than ever before since my husband has bad knees. We had the steak and other beef items in the main diningroom and was fully prepared to be disappointed (we are from Nebraska/home of awesome beef) and we never had a tough or bad piece of beef. Lobster night was the very last night and not on formal night. We hit St Marteen and the ABC islands. Because of a late night in Curacao formal night was on the second night (St Marteen) and the fourth night (Bonaire). Escargot was plentiful on this cruise, we had it every night.

To me debarkation was a mess. We got off of the ship a bit later at 9:50 and had a 50 minute wait to get through customs. Wish we would have hung on the ship a bit longer.

The two nights we planned on going to the disco were specialty nights. One of them was a silent dance and everyone got headphones and they played different music. The second night we were going to go it was lady's night with the male review dancers. Neither appealed so we didn't stay.

There were roving bartender/wait staff on the pool deck and in the shows. Not a lot, but you could find them. Saw peppermills on the third floor dining, but not on 5th floor dining.

I can't remember any other items that people have asked about prior, but hope this helps.

It was very, very windy towards the end, but we survived.

Oh no, I love the days of the week in the elevators! That is definitely a disappointment, but like you said, not a showstopper. Thank you for the info., and sorry to hear you weren't feeling well!

Oh no, I love the days of the week in the elevators! That is definitely a disappointment, but like you said, not a showstopper. Thank you for the info., and sorry to hear you weren't feeling well!

I am actually kind of glad that I will not be reminded my cruise is going by so fast. But it will be a first to not have those.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise!! What cabin did you have on 6?

We're staying near the forward elevators and wondering if it's very noisy or other possible concerns?

We were aft/starboard 6222. Only noise problems we had were noisy kids with their families (at times). And no big deal.

Did they have a singer in the pub? I heard there wasn't one in the cruises at the end of 2016.

Each evening there was a singer in the pub and in the schooner bar. Both were always full. We sat for the schooner one night but walked by the pub each night. It was standing room only in the pub.

We were on this cruise, and the one the week before. Used a porter at luggage and there is a porter's line to go through customs and no wait! Worth the tip. We also missed the day of the week in the elevator. Crew was great. We had 8390, an aft E1. Corner balcony with 2 lounges, 2 chairs, and a table. Really great. Only vibration was after we left Curacao when we were doing 20 kts. Both weeks were good.

We were on this cruise, and the one the week before. Used a porter at luggage and there is a porter's line to go through customs and no wait! Worth the tip. We also missed the day of the week in the elevator. Crew was great. We had 8390, an aft E1. Corner balcony with 2 lounges, 2 chairs, and a table. Really great. Only vibration was after we left Curacao when we were doing 20 kts. Both weeks were good.

How much was the porter? That line definitely moved faster. Would recommend using a porter next time.

I am actually kind of glad that I will not be reminded my cruise is going by so fast. But it will be a first to not have those.

Although I missed seeing it in the elevators (in December, and I knew it agreed if time because the earlier cruisers were talking about it on the big threads about the refurb), it did exactly what you describe. I was not getting the depression midway that I usually do while watching (literally) the days go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums