FLL Airport to Water Taxi Reccommendations

Janie001

We will be arriving into the Port of Miami from our cruise and have a 7:20 p.m. flight out of Fort Lauderdale. We have previously explored Miami but have not seen any parts of Fort Lauderdale (other then the airport). We are not interested in renting a car so we thought we would take a shuttle to the airport and store our luggage there for the day.

If we were to take a taxi to the closest water taxi stop which one would that be?

What stops would you recommend getting off at if we were interested in nice shops (but not a mall), a nice restaurant for lunch, sightseeing. Is there a logical path to take?

In order to get back to the airport should we go back to where we started from or would most stops be a reasonable taxi ride away?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

We will be arriving into the Port of Miami from our cruise and have a 7:20 p.m. flight out of Fort Lauderdale. We have previously explored Miami but have not seen any parts of Fort Lauderdale (other then the airport). We are not interested in renting a car so we thought we would take a shuttle to the airport and store our luggage there for the day.

If we were to take a taxi to the closest water taxi stop which one would that be?

What stops would you recommend getting off at if we were interested in nice shops (but not a mall), a nice restaurant for lunch, sightseeing. Is there a logical path to take?

In order to get back to the airport should we go back to where we started from or would most stops be a reasonable taxi ride away?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The closest water taxi stop to the airport is the Hilton Marina/Convention Center stop# 6, and you would get off at stop# 4 Las Olas.

http://watertaxi.com/?s=&categories=54&locations=0&dir-search=yes

You should look over the map of stops. You have time to hit the beach walk ifyou want and to get to Las Olas Blvd too. Lots of great spots to eat and some little boutique shops on Las Olas.

You'll get a nice view of the canals and homes while doing a loop on the water taxi.

The airport is only a $15 cab ride or so. Uber will be less.

Make sure to watch your time as the day goes quickly. I did this exact thing but we ended up at the furthest point to eat and it was busy and took quite awhile. Ran out of time and had to take a taxi to the airport from that point (shooters). I think it ran me about $35. Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure to watch your time as the day goes quickly. I did this exact thing but we ended up at the furthest point to eat and it was busy and took quite awhile. Ran out of time and had to take a taxi to the airport from that point (shooters). I think it ran me about $35. Bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I am afraid of! We always arrive everywhere too early so I am trying to appease the family and make sure we have a good day out but still get back in plenty of time!

You should look over the map of stops. You have time to hit the beach walk ifyou want and to get to Las Olas Blvd too. Lots of great spots to eat and some little boutique shops on Las Olas.

You'll get a nice view of the canals and homes while doing a loop on the water taxi.

The airport is only a $15 cab ride or so. Uber will be less.

Las Olas sounds like the place to go. We will do the beach if we feel we have enough time for a visit.

From what I found on the FLL website there are not lockers but there is a baggage area where you can store your bags until 5:30 p.m.

How much does that service cost?

A good place to have lunch using the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi is Bokamper's, the very last stop up north.

~or

You could take the Hollywood Water Taxi from the stop underneath the 17th Street Causeway (Hilton Marina) and go down to Margaritaville, the Broadwalk and beach.

How much does that service cost?

A good place to have lunch using the Ft Lauderdale Water Taxi is Bokamper's, the very last stop up north.

~or

You could take the Hollywood Water Taxi from the stop underneath the 17th Street Causeway (Hilton Marina) and go down to Margaritaville, the Broadwalk and beach.

$7 per bag. You can purchase in advance on their website but if you are paying at the airport I believe they only take cash.

I know you said you didn't want to rent a car, but when you add up the cost of transfers to FLL, $7 per bag storage, taxi/Uber to Water Taxi and then taxi/Uber back to FLL seems quite cumbersome and a bit pricey, especially if there is more than 2 of you. I don't know what your date is, but...

A mid-sized SUV picked up at MIA and dropped at FLL on Sunday, June 25, 2017, from either Enterprise or Alamo is $37/$52 with all taxes and fees before any kind of membership discount.

I know you said you didn't want to rent a car, but when you add up the cost of transfers to FLL, $7 per bag storage, taxi/Uber to Water Taxi and then taxi/Uber back to FLL seems quite cumbersome and a bit pricey, especially if there is more than 2 of you. I don't know what your date is, but...

A mid-sized SUV picked up at MIA and dropped at FLL on Sunday, June 25, 2017, from either Enterprise or Alamo is $37/$52 with all taxes and fees before any kind of membership discount.

I do know this would be the cheaper option but I personally find it stressful to drive in areas I am not familiar with. I appreciate you looking up the rates though as I admit it is even cheaper then I thought it would be!

I do know this would be the cheaper option but I personally find it stressful to drive in areas I am not familiar with. I appreciate you looking up the rates though as I admit it is even cheaper then I thought it would be!

That's why you should have a GPS to take with you on vacation. I use mine to drive back and forth between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami even though I've driven it dozens and dozens of times just to remind me to pay attention and that my exit is coming up.

That is what I am afraid of! We always arrive everywhere too early so I am trying to appease the family and make sure we have a good day out but still get back in plenty of time!

Just ride the water taxi all the way to the northern end. Great tour. Then make your way back towards the beach and Los Olas area to get off and explore or have lunch/dinner. Once back there a taxi ride from anywhere won't be to bad

Just ride the water taxi all the way to the northern end. Great tour. Then make your way back towards the beach and Los Olas area to get off and explore or have lunch/dinner. Once back there a taxi ride from anywhere won't be to bad

Sounds like a good plan. Thank you.

That's what I would do. Go all the way north to the last stop (if I didn't go south instead to Margaritaville), to Bokamper's and have lunch. Then start working my way back.