Imperial ferry from Weehawkin to NYC

PippenBooBoo

Anyone have experience with parking at the imperial ferry and getting to the terminal that way? Google says it's a 10 minute walk from the ferry to the terminal but wondering how "walkable" it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done this many times when we lived in NJ.

2 ways :

If rolling luggage is light it is an easy walk along 2nd ave. . 10 minutes sounds right.

If lots of luggage that won't roll , I would drive the family to the terminal , drop them off with luggage , drive back to Port Imperial Ferry in NJ , take the ferry back to Manhattan , then walk to the terminal.

Reverse trip for debarkation.

However , with todays tolls and Ferry parking increases , I would skip step 2 if I had a lot of luggage and just eat the cost of pier parking,

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this on our Gem cruise last week. The pier is definitely doable on foot from the ferry terminal in about 10 minutes! There is a sidewalk that makes it a relatively easy task with rolling luggage. We are a family of 4 and our DD's (8 & 5) had no major issues each pulling their luggage.