Nieuw Amsterdam now becoming a Princess Ship

OlsSalt

I'm not sure when your cruise is, but there are apparently going to be "fixture" improvements applied to the ship during its scheduled dry dock in late Fall. Perhaps that will include some electrical socket improvements.

Next week! Maybe next time! Thanks so much.

GREat post, Copper. Very interesting.

We were booked to be there but i had to have heart surgery and couldn't go. :(

So sorry on both counts. Hope the surgery went well as it could (major) and also sorry we missed getting your good first hand report about this special guest cruise.

question for those on this cruise.....

You mention the music venues. I'm wondering what configuration the Adagio or classical combo was. In recent years it's been down to a piano and violinist. I've heard that on the Kdam it's a full string ensemble. I ask because we sail in March and the Adagio tends to be our primary evening entertainment.

Also, in Neptune suite, the bose sound box is wonderful...better than the coffee maker! :) You can Bluetooth connect most any device and play music through it. Also not obvious but you can lift it off its base and carry it with you ie: music in the bath, on the balcony. It made me want to buy one for home.

Thanks,

Bruce

Adagio on the Nieuw Amsterdam was the piano-violinist duo who happened to be both very strong players. They were excellent. Full house every night. Plus they also play at Afternoon Tea which on this ship was held around the Atrium and Ocean Bar instead of in the MDR.

On the last Zuiderdam cruise the duo appeared to have not played together before, and were very tentative as a duo, while each was skilled individually. And chose wonderful selections. But they lacked strong presentation skills.

Additionally this last time, the lead player on the NA used amplification to announce and discuss the selections so everyone in the room could hear, instead of just the people sitting up close as in other Adagio settings.

Thanks for explaining the Neptune "Bose thing". It would jingle and flash at us when we picked it up, so we just left it alone. Not in-cabin music listeners ourselves, but how wonderful this will be to use if one is.