Pride out of Baltimore - FTTF and embarkation window

ButterflyGirly

Can you please clear up some confusion on my part? I have FTTF and was asked to select a time window during the online Check-In process. I selected 12:30pm - 1:00pm. Is that the time I will be expected to arrive or does the FTTF have a different (earlier) time window?

This is my first time using the staggered check-in so I am definitely unsure of the proper FTTF procedures.

Thanks!

Kim

There was a notice sent out by Carnival last month stating the embarkation times would be later for the remainder of the year. Not sure if that has anything to do with it but 12:30 to 1 was the earliest we could get also.

I've heard that Diamond/Plat/Suite/FTTF can show up 30 minutes to an hour earlier but have no clue if that is true or not.

Can you please clear up some confusion on my part? I have FTTF and was asked to select a time window during the online Check-In process. I selected 12:30pm - 1:00pm. Is that the time I will be expected to arrive or does the FTTF have a different (earlier) time window?

This is my first time using the staggered check-in so I am definitely unsure of the proper FTTF procedures.

Thanks!

Kim

You can arrive earlier than your selected check-in time.

With FTTF you can arrive any time. We have been on the Pride out of Baltimore 5 time, the 6th will be in April 2017. Keep in mind that the parking lot does not open until the most previous guests leave the lot. Based on our last 5 pride cruises there haven't been any signs for FTTF, etc. As you enter the terminal there should be a Carnival guest services employee directing traffic. Show this person your boarding pass that is marked "Priority" for FTTF and they will direct you to the security check point bypassing the line for the check point. After this point we have seen FTTF (Platinum and Diamond) signs for check-in.

If fact it is easier, at least in Baltimore, to be dropped off. Your driver just pulls up to the luggage bins for the porters to collect your checked luggage, at that point you can get out there with your carry-ons, but if there are any mobility challenges they can bring you right near the doors.

The terminal opens at about 10 am for new passenger arrivals. Between that and the FttF there should be few passengers in the terminal if you arrive around then, but all of those will be priority guests. So you should be able to process in fairly quickly, but you will wind-up waiting in the FttF area for boarding which may not start until noon.

Because they need to sail up the Chesapeake debarkation and boarding occurs later in Baltimore. So you need to examine your reason for buying FttF in the first place. If it's to be among the first couple of groups on board then arrive early, but be prepared to find lines for the priority check-in and wait for the ship to be cleared for boarding. If the idea was to bypass the longer general boarding lines and board immediately after processing in then arrive near the time you currently have picked.

Thank you all for your responses.

Maryred - Good advice to analyze why I like to purchase FttF! The main reason I purchase FttF is so that I can take my carry-on to my cabin first thing. I have to travel with a lymphatic pump, which is heavy, so I want to be able to drop it off as soon as I board. It costs about $7000 so I don't want to put it in my checked luggage. Worth the extra $$ for my situation. It really doesn't matter to me if we are one of the first ones to board so I think we will arrive closer to noon.

I live about 25 min away from the port so I am looking forward to leaving out of Baltimore instead of flying to Florida like we have for all of our previous cruises.

I purchased 2 adjoining cabins, one for my husband and I, and one for our teenage daughters, 15, 16 & 17. If I were to purchase FTTF, would I need to purchase 2, or would they let the kids board with us since they are under 18? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I purchased 2 adjoining cabins, one for my husband and I, and one for our teenage daughters, 15, 16 & 17. If I were to purchase FTTF, would I need to purchase 2, or would they let the kids board with us since they are under 18? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Technically since they are minors you need only to purchase the FttF on your cabin. But then again the port personnel do tend to get easily confused at times and wind-up falling back on general instructions such as if a boarding pass does not state priority then no access to the priority line.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

You have to purchase for both here is the FTTF FAQ from Carnival:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3470

Q: We have two staterooms, but only our minor children, in the second stateroom. Do we still need to book FTTF for their stateroom also?

A: Yes, all cabins regardless of occupants will require a FTTF ticket to be able to receive the benefits.

The only time they can board with your privileges is if you are Diamond/Platinum or have a Suite and they do not.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/kw/suite

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special check-in privileges.

For those guests traveling with minor children alone (without an adult) in separate staterooms that do not fall into one of the three categories above, these additional staterooms may check in through the Priority Check-In Program as well.

We are getting dropped off at the port. Is there a way to get dropped off before the parking lot opens?

Yes, and the next time I sail from Baltimore, I will plan for this. While we sat in the line waiting to park, multiple cabs and shuttles were dropping people off.