Carnival CEO: four myths about cruising he wants to dispel (Celebrity Apprentice)

OlsSalt

Hi-jacking jokerstef's Celebrity Apprentice thread, but there were some interesting points raised by the Carnival CEO that I think deserve a separate discussion.

See how the competing teams deal with Carnival CEO Arnold Donald's challenge to dispel the following barriers he thinks exist for potential new cruisers:

1. Too expensive

2. Not enough to do

3. I will feel trapped

4. Buffet lines too long

See the outcome this coming Monday - NBC - Feb 13.

The whole show format is a bit of a fraud, nor does the CEO even mention "travel" as part of the cruise choice formula - only onboard diversions and novelties, as well as additional-fee options to help mitigate what he sees as potential barriers to attract for new cruisers.

If this is his insight into where HAL, along with Carnival sister ship companies, needs to change or emphasize, I find his approach to entice new cruisers will become a barrier for our own choice as future cruisers.

I for one am glad he recognizes the HAL brand to be "midwestern" - aka stodgy and traditional. Long may HAL continue to sail under that flag. And bring back our Librarian and Libraries.

Hi-jacking jokerstef's Celebrity Apprentice thread, but there were some interesting points raised by the Carnival CEO that I think deserve a separate discussion.

See how the competing teams deal with Carnival CEO Arnold Donald's challenge to dispel the following barriers he thinks exist for potential new cruisers:

1. Too expensive

2. Not enough to do

3. I will feel trapped

4. Buffet lines too long

See the outcome this coming Monday - NBC - Feb 13.

The whole show format is a bit of a fraud, nor does the CEO even mention "travel" as part of the cruise choice formula - only onboard diversions and novelties, as well as additional-fee options to help mitigate what he sees as potential barriers to attract for new cruisers.

If this is his insight into where HAL, along with Carnival sister ship companies, needs to change or emphasize, I find his approach to entice new cruisers will become a barrier for our own choice as future cruisers.

I for one am glad he recognizes the HAL brand to be "midwestern" - aka stodgy and traditional. Long may HAL continue to sail under that flag. And bring back our Librarian and Libraries.

I don't think that Arnold Donald was given enough time to go into detail about each brand & believe that those questions are good ones for the teams to get answers to..

Unfortunately, he is not interested in those of us who are dyed in the wool cruisers...In order for the brand to continue he must get new cruisers & that is many of the questions I get from "non cruising" Friends..The biggest question I get, is "don't you get bored" & I laugh..

IMO his part, which is always a very brief ending to the show, was just a walk on part to get the idea of the next shows content going.. It will be very interesting to see the next show on Monday when both teams delve into the various lines in their competition..:)

Edited by serendipity1499

And our dance floors! BTW, I asked a relative who just got off the NA on Wednesday, to see what he could find out about the library issue. He reported that a concierge told him it was currently on hold because of all the negative feedback on removing the libraries as we had known them. I had received a similar response from an officer on our Oosterdam TA in November. We will see . . .