Beach for after Americas Cup Excursion (Celebrity)

eatdrinkfly

Hi!

Hoping for some recomendations... we're booked to do the America's Cup excursion from 10:15am-12:45pm and the ship departs at 4pm.

We had hoped to hit a beach for a few hours... any suggestions on what would be convenient to either the excursion location or the cruise port?

Well, you won't have a few hours. Maybe 1-2. Given traffic, your closest bet is off the boardwalk in Phillipsburg, a 5 minute walk from Bobby's Marina. You may have time to go to Simpson's Bay or Mullet. Others can opine on those choices. I think you'll need to walk to the board walk and find a taxi-hawker any way. Beware the water in Great Bay has had pollution issues. But if people are in the water and on the sand when you get there, you'll probably be okay. It's a 10 minute walk from the boardwalk back to the port complex. No need for a taxi. Enjoy AC...it's a fun thing to do. :)

Well, you won't have a few hours. Maybe 1-2. Given traffic, your closest bet is off the boardwalk in Phillipsburg, a 5 minute walk from Bobby's Marina. You may have time to go to Simpson's Bay or Mullet. Others can opine on those choices. I think you'll need to walk to the board walk and find a taxi-hawker any way. Beware the water in Great Bay has had pollution issues. But if people are in the water and on the sand when you get there, you'll probably be okay. It's a 10 minute walk from the boardwalk back to the port complex. No need for a taxi. Enjoy AC...it's a fun thing to do. :)

Wow.

I think it's pretty obvious that you won't have time to travel to another beach and back, so I think Great Bay is your only choice.

No matter what, I wouldn't go into the water there, but it is a very nice beach, with chairs and beach bars nearby.

There is no way that it is only a 10 minute walk back to the ship. When we walked from the Cruise Facility to the Boardwalk last summer, it was at least 20 minutes with a brisk pace.

gary