New To Celebrity -- Have some questions.

KAJOKG

We have just booked our first Celebrity Cruise on the Zenith for this coming January 9. Looking for info on the ship and her condition.

Also, if we choose to skip formal night in the dining room, can we go country club casual to the Windersurfer Cafe or the grille? How is the food in these dining areas? Does Celebrity require pax to be in formal attire in the rest of the ship?

We booked cabin #6050 on the Caribbean Deck. Good choice?

We are glad we finally decided to try Celebrity -- sure hope a 5 day cruise is the right way to get a true feel of the cruise line.

I will greatly appreciate advice and/or opinions. Thanks! :)

There is a causal dining alternative on all Celebrity ships. It is not a buffet, but a sit down dinner. Reservations are required and can be made the same day by 5:30 pm or so. From the daily - "Dress code is casual every day in the Casual Dining Boulevard. Although in all other ares the dress code of the evening applies and we kindly ask for your cooperation and consideration for your fellow guests."

The casual dining boulevard is the deck with the pools.

On some of my Celebrity cruises, I have seen people not dressed in the evening dress code turned away from the show. On others they were let in.

Oops the dreaded quadruple post. I hit the jackpot!!!!!!

How much did you win?? LOL! Anyway, thanks for the reply regarding formal wear. I don't want to pack formal clothes for a 5 day cruise. Would we look out of place around the ship if we dressed nicely, but not formal? I don't want to offend, but I really do want to relax without the thought of getting dressed up in evening clothes.

Like hajekfam said, if you go into any of the public areas of the ship, Celebrity asks that you be in the code of the evening for the entire evening. And I, too, have seen person's turned away when they weren't dressed formally on formal night.

We just returned from a 14 day on Infinity and there were 3 formal nights. We dressed formal and stayed formal on the first night until we saw a lot of people dressed more comfortably - not super casual but not super formal either. The second formal night I came back and changed into a pair of black pants, a sparkly top and out of those heels and felt so much better and fit right in. In fact there were more casual there as well and everyone was welcome.

Archived