Only 1 shore excursion offered in Grand Cayman?

Kate-AHF

Just went to book a shore excursion online, for Jan 10th in Grand Cayman.

THere is only one excursion listed, the helicoper tour.

I called the shore excursion desk thinking the site was having problems, but no. She said that is the only one offered. She checked to see if there were sold out tours, but no. There is only that one single one.

Is there something going on that day in Grand Cayman that would cause this? Port times are 9-5. According to the cruise ship calendar, there are only three other ships in port that day.

Any ideas guys?

I would second the Captain Martin Stingray City suggestion. He can be found on the internet easily. His is not the only Stingray City tour, but he has an excellent, and well deserved reputation. The second time we went there we rented a car and went to the Queen Elizabeth II Botanical Garden and snorkeling, (both of which were nice) but we thought the rental charges were much too high.

There are also excursions that go to Stingray City and the Coral Gardens. When you tender in and get to the dock, you'll see plenty of very reasonable excursion vendors. Just make sure you're leaving yourself PLENTY of time to get back to the dock to catch the tender back to the ship! Stingray City is SO EXHILARAITING!!!!!:eek: And the Coral Gardens are so beautiful! Word to the wise: do not get on any excursion boat called the FISHER. They abandoned two women out at the Coral Gardens a couple of years ago. How do I know this? I was on the boat that discovered and rescued the women, both hysterical, and near-drowning, just outside the Coral Gardens. When we tracked down the Fisher, the captain was completly unrepentant and nonchallant about the women's plight. Before you book any boat trip in Grand Cayman, make sure the vessel is NOT the Fisher!

Archived