While I can still remember, my Oasis review Feb 5-12, 2017, Eastern

Can you tell me if the Park Cafe had the coffee drinks or did you have to go to the Promonade Cafe all the time for them (or where else?) We sail April 1 and my DH drinks about 10 cups a day on vaca so hoping for Park Cafe since our cabin is close on deck 8. Thanks for posting the review!

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

I have almost the same room booked. Really glad that you enjoyed the view. This will be the first time in awhile that I didn't have an ocean view but I see that you can see out the back of the ship. Did you feel you could see the aqua show from your room? Thanks for your review.

Can you tell me if the Park Cafe had the coffee drinks or did you have to go to the Promonade Cafe all the time for them (or where else?) We sail April 1 and my DH drinks about 10 cups a day on vaca so hoping for Park Cafe since our cabin is close on deck 8. Thanks for posting the review!

Sent from my SM-T900 using Forums mobile app

Sorry, I can't remember! I only have one coffee a day which was the specialty coffee I got on deck 5 (promenade cafe).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have almost the same room booked. Really glad that you enjoyed the view. This will be the first time in awhile that I didn't have an ocean view but I see that you can see out the back of the ship. Did you feel you could see the aqua show from your room? Thanks for your review.

I loved the view, maybe even more than a regular ocean view! You can see ocean and people watch! Yes, you can see the aqua show from the room. We stared watching he first day and I said let's not ruin it for ourselves so we stopped watching and then it was cancelled all week. We should have just watched it from the balcony!

Just something to consider for your next cruise, if you decide to rent a car. You can join the rental agencies different programs that allow you to bypass the line and go straight to the cars. National has Emerald Aisle, Budget is FastBreak, etc. I have it and just used it in Dallas, where we just checked the board, went to the section that was listed next to our names, and took whatever car we wanted from the lanes. Easy peasy.

Great suggestion. We got a rental car next month.

We are almost done!

DAY 8. We wakeup and get ready to go. It is 8:15 andwhen we open the door literally every single door is open and everyone is gone!We ask our room steward it we can leave the last of our luggage in the roomwhile we go and get breakfast and he says that is fine. I think he has every other room he can startmaking up so I don’t think that having us stay in the room is a big deal. So up to the windjammer we go, they areserving breakfast until 8:45. We eat,then we go to deck 5 where the coffee is not available (no latte for me thismorning). I forgot to mention, theboyfriend insisted on bringing a travel iron. I told him, they will take it from you. He REFUSED to believe me. So yes,on day 1 he was called to the naughty room where they took his iron. He is slightly obsessed with not beingwrinkled, it was a catastrophe for him to not have an iron. Anyways, this morning we have to go and pickup our naughty iron so we go and do that and head back up to the room to getour stuff. We leave the room around 9:00and head downstairs to wait for our number to be called.

Oh, I almost forgot. When we checked our charges at the end of the cruise there was a chargefor $35.40 or something from the dining room. We went to guest services, there was no line at all at this time. I asked about the charge and he printed thereceipt our, it was for a glass of wine. I told them we certainly did not have a 43-dollar glassof wine (we are cheap and only oncedid we get a glass that was over $13 and that was on the last night and thischarge is from the first night). He got a supervisor. I explained we had the drink package and wehad wine every night but each of them were $13 and under except for the onenight we had one glass of $17 wine (that there was a charge for which we knewabout). She said sorry, it says it righthere, the drink package only covers up to $13. I said, I know how the drink plan works, that’s why we only drank the cheapwine! Trust me, I would remember drinkinga $43 GLASS of wine!!! She says sorry, it was not included in thedrink package limit. Grrrrr. I told her,we did not drink it and we are not paying for it (there was no signature oranything on the receipt they brought up, I know we didn’t see or sign anythingother than the one day we got the $4 charge for the $17 glass) and I know we did not drink a $43 glass ofwine. She hummed and rolled her eyes andtook off the charge. I don’t usuallymake a big deal of things, but I wasn’t going to leave the ship until it wastaken off so I am glad we didn’t have to go through a big scene!

Ok all done at guest services and they are behind incalling the numbers. We wait, and arefinally called to get off just before 10am. Not so bad. We depart, last bing,goodbye Oasis! We get off the ship and weare in a line, a giant line, to wait to get our bags. Maybe 45 minutes. Ok, got the bags. Next line is for customs. Another giant line. Maybe another 45 minutes. So ya, an hour to an hour and a half to getoff the ship. That’s crazy!! Maybe not? Like I said, I usually self-debarkand walk off and out in like 15 minutes so maybe that is normal? Anyways, we get out to the lot and find theman with the Cortrans shuttle sign. Wewere taking this shuttle to the airport. It was $20 a person. It isabsolute mayhem out there, he explains that it will take hours if we have towait for a shuttle to come in and take us out (which I believe, if you rememberthe beginning of my story). So, we walkout of the covered parking area and into the street part (I am not going toexplain this well). Anyways, it is justa 2-minute walk, there is a guy there that stopped us but the Cortrans guy talkedhis way into having him pay no attention to our little group of 6 waiting inthe road for the shuttle. The shuttlecomes and takes us and off we go to the airport. It worked out really well, apparently, thisport is a disaster every week-end. We are at the airport around noon. Just enough time to get through security(this was a half hour wait), get some lunch and we are on our way home.

I will post a little bit more later on some final thoughts and do a drink packageand a bar breakdown .

OP, in regards to the $43 wine, I think I would have just started out by asking them to show you the signed receipt instead of going in circles about whether you might have/could have bought it. When they failed to produce the signed receipt, then I'd be demanding that they remove the charge immediately. I realize you finally did do that, but I would have started with that.

OP, in regards to the $43 wine, I think I would have just started out by asking them to show you the signed receipt instead of going in circles about whether you might have/could have bought it. When they failed to produce the signed receipt, then I'd be demanding that they remove the charge immediately. I realize you finally did do that, but I would have started with that.

Thanks for this advice. Will keep this in mind in case of a dispute.

Here are my final thoughts on my first Oasis Cruise:

I love this ship. There is so much to see and do, the neighbourhood concept is fantastic, it is a very easy ship to navigate despite its giant size, the boardwalk balcony was awesome. I would return to this ship in a heartbeat if I was travelling with my kids, this is a great ship for families, my kids would love it. If I was sailing as a couple again we would probably try Allure sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale to see if there is a difference in nightlife, that would be my only 'complaint' although, like i said it earlier, it wasn't really a negative for this trip. It may have just been the week I was on the ship?

So, where do I go next? I am not loyal to one line (although maybe I should be so i can start getting some perks)! Price, itinerary and ship is what will look at for my next cruise, but I would definitely cruise with Royal again! We had a wonderful week on the Oasis!

I will do a separate post on the drink package and a bar breakdown for anyone who may be interested.

I'd be interested in seeing the drinks package information if you don't mind posting it. I'm also curious about the apparent speed when using VOOM. Did you experience any delays or signal drops?

We are sailing on Oasis next Feb.

We found the VOOM worked well. We didn't stream much, just some music which was no problem. We mostly used it for email/surfing. We had no issues!

I will post my drink/bar review tomorrow!

Here are my final thoughts on my first Oasis Cruise:

I love this ship. There is so much to see and do, the neighbourhood concept is fantastic, it is a very easy ship to navigate despite its giant size, the boardwalk balcony was awesome. I would return to this ship in a heartbeat if I was travelling with my kids, this is a great ship for families, my kids would love it. If I was sailing as a couple again we would probably try Allure sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale to see if there is a difference in nightlife, that would be my only 'complaint' although, like i said it earlier, it wasn't really a negative for this trip. It may have just been the week I was on the ship?

So, where do I go next? I am not loyal to one line (although maybe I should be so i can start getting some perks)! Price, itinerary and ship is what will look at for my next cruise, but I would definitely cruise with Royal again! We had a wonderful week on the Oasis!

Glad you loved the ship!

While we appear to be loyal to one cruise line, it was not by choice. It was merely incidental that a cruise line offered an itinerary of our interest, at an affordable price.

What is important is you enjoy cruising, with any perk that comes along.

The speed was normally very good. We had occasional problems with the internet and sometimes it would stop working altogether. However, compared to past experiences with internet at sea, this was the best by far.

I'd be interested in seeing the drinks package information if you don't mind posting it. I'm also curious about the apparent speed when using VOOM. Did you experience any delays or signal drops?

We are sailing on Oasis next Feb.

Thanks for the great review! We will sail on the Oasis during the Thanksgiving holiday. We are driving in and plan to park right at the port...we are wondering if traffic getting in and out of the port in our car will be a nightmare? We aren't fond of shuttles, and your experiences kind of confirm that. We haven't been to Port Canaveral since the Oasis arrived - our prior experiences have been great there.

I'm glad to hear that the ship didn't feel crowded during the cruise! Thanks again, I enjoyed your review.

If there is a parking lot in walking distance use that. Oasis at PC is the worst run port I have ever witnessed. Avoid a shuttle if at all possible.

Thanks for the great review! We will sail on the Oasis during the Thanksgiving holiday. We are driving in and plan to park right at the port...we are wondering if traffic getting in and out of the port in our car will be a nightmare? We aren't fond of shuttles, and your experiences kind of confirm that. We haven't been to Port Canaveral since the Oasis arrived - our prior experiences have been great there.

I'm glad to hear that the ship didn't feel crowded during the cruise! Thanks again, I enjoyed your review.

Thanks for your detailed review! I enjoyed reading it. Sorry your boyfriend got a mancold.....that is the worst!! Good thing you packed cold/flu meds! :) Glad you were able to have that expensive wine removed from you bill!!! I would be livid if they tried to charge me that much for a glass of wine I didn't drink! LOL