Quick lens changer

The Viking

When I walk around on the ship, I often bring 2 additional lenses with me which can be a litter cumbersome even though the lenses are relative small for my A6000.

Do any of you use any system such as Vello Rapid lens changer or similar or Think Tank Photo Lens Changer or something else.

When I walk around on the ship, I often bring 2 additional lenses with me which can be a litter cumbersome even though the lenses are relative small for my A6000.

Do any of you use any system such as Vello Rapid lens changer or similar or Think Tank Photo Lens Changer or something else.

I carry additional lens(es) in a moderate-sized fanny pack and change as follows:

- Push the release button and turning the lens only enough to keep it from re-locking.

- Twist the rear cap off of lens to be mounted.

- Removing the lens from the camera and immediately attach the second lens.

- Cap the lens that was removed.

I've been doing this for as long as I've had interchangeable lens cameras and never dropped one yet!

Disclosure: I do this less than I used to since I normally carry a second body now with the alternate lens-of-the-day. The fanny-pack is still the carry method because of the small size of the second Alpha 6xxx body.

Dave

I had to look up what a lens changer was. Unless I'm mistaken, those were important for film cameras. The only benefit I'd see with modern rigs is limiting exposure to dust. I think if you change lenses fast enough, that's not an issue on a ship.

When I wander, I throw the 8-15mm fisheye in my cargo pocket and shoot the rest with a do-it-all lens, the 28-300mm.

Dave,

This is actually what I do just with a small shoulder bag. Have lost some photo shots this way.

xlxo and Maligator,

Appreciate your replies regarding zoom lenses, but zoom is not the only reason I carry various lenses with me. Yes cargo pants area great to carry lenses in, but slow.

Dave,

This is actually what I do just with a small shoulder bag. Have lost some photo shots this way.

This would be a clue as to why I carry a second body equipped with the alternate lens these days. :)

Dave

This would be a clue as to why I carry a second body equipped with the alternate lens these days. :)

Dave

So you want me to carry 2 bodies with lenses plus binoculars?;)

I have thought of your suggestion, but then I need one more or a new camera bag for the flight to the port.:(

Thanks everyone.

And we all know carrying a second Sony 6xxx is all so heavy!!!! I think I would need a beefy harness for those monsters LMAO

John

You laugh, but think of Justin (zackiedawg) with the 150-600 mounted to his A6300!

:)

Dave

I remember when you and I were in Alaska and I hauled around that 70 -400 monster, it is why I switched platforms to the 6xxx

John

I think my rig was only about 10 oz lighter, so I'm right there with you on reasons to lighten up. :)

Dave