Young kids/low crowds

MMW37

We will be visiting Cozumel in early May on the Triumph, and our sons will be 5 and just 2 at time of travel. Husband and I have been here once on a prior cruise (pre-kids) and had a wonderful day at Nachi Cocom. I would like to perhaps try something different this time, but I'm not sure what. Our other stop is Progreso and I think we're going to do ruins, cenote swim, and lunch on a private tour. We could do a beach day, but strongly dislike huge crowds and mass-produced AI food. We do not book ship-sponsored excursions. I am a diver but my husband is not, and he isn't a strong swimmer so isn't into snorkel-heavy days either. We love good quality food that showcases fresh local ingredients. We definitely like a good drink, but can't be pier runners with kids in tow. Shopping doesn't interest us at all, and I'm not a fan of swim with captive animal attractions.

Any suggestions for family-friendly off the beaten path activities in Cozumel? Any beach clubs with good food, low crowds, and shallow snorkeling, or even a one tank shore dive I could do alone? Any smaller boat excursions where we might all have fun? I grew up racing sailboats, so any chance to get out on the water makes me happy. Anything else I should consider besides beach and boat?

Thank you!!