Port of Miami (Hotel Questions)

hey

My wife and I will be leaving out of the Port of Miami, but it is much cheaper to fly to FLL instead of Miami (like $800 cheaper, which is crazy). Anyways, we will be arriving on a Thursday evening and our cruise embarks on Saturday, so we would like to stay somewhere in Miami that is close to the cruise port, but has nearby places to eat and possibly walk around and shop. Is there any hotels near the cruise port in Miami that are in walking distance to food and shopping? Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Place in Ft. Lauderdale, which was really nice because they had an outdoor mall within walking distance that allowed us to eat and do some walking around to pass time. Thanks.

My wife and I will be leaving out of the Port of Miami, but it is much cheaper to fly to FLL instead of Miami (like $800 cheaper, which is crazy). Anyways, we will be arriving on a Thursday evening and our cruise embarks on Saturday, so we would like to stay somewhere in Miami that is close to the cruise port, but has nearby places to eat and possibly walk around and shop. Is there any hotels near the cruise port in Miami that are in walking distance to food and shopping? Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Place in Ft. Lauderdale, which was really nice because they had an outdoor mall within walking distance that allowed us to eat and do some walking around to pass time. Thanks.

If you like saving money then you should stay in Ft Lauderdale and get away from 17th Street area. Is shopping and dining what you are most interested in? Will you have a rental car?

Ok sounds good. We will not have a rental car. We will take a shuttle to our hotel and then to the cruise. However, dining more so than shopping, but yes those are what we are most interested in.

There are several Downtown Miami Hotels (Intercontinental, Marriott Marquis, YVES,) that are an easy stroll to Bayside Market Place (Restaurants, Bars, Gift Shops, etc.) Very popular on these boards is the Hampton Inn Mary Brickell Village. Lots of restaurants here too.

A bit north are 2 popular hotels, Doubletree and Marriott Biscayne Bay. They have a joined underground restaurant/shop area. Just a couple blocks from a metro mover station.

Downtown has a free metro mover tram system that has 2 routes. 1 Circles the Downtown Core, the other goes south through Mary Brickell Village area.

If you want to see Miami (much different place than Ft. Lauderdale) there are tons of hotel options in what you are looking for. Port Miami is in Downtown Miami. Any hotel in Downtown Miami or Brickell area (the financial district) meets what you are looking for and its a 5-10 min drive to the port. An Uber or taxi from those two areas to the port will cost between $7-$15.00, with Uber being the cheapest.

So feel free to stay in Miami, cheaper options are the Hampton Inn Brickell, YVE Hotel, Holiday Inn Port Miami, and of course there are tons of other options.

I would recommend just making the trip down from FLL airport to Downtown Miami Hotel. It does depend on your budget, it is true hotels tend to be cheaper in the Lauderdale area, but if you want an easy time walking around shopping and places to eat, and things to do and see Downtown Miami is where you want to be. The dinning options are endless and the shopping options are good with Brickell City Centre near by, or a quick Uber ride you can check out Lincoln Road in Miami Beach.

We fly into FLL as well, but prefer to stay in miami, in case of traffic issues on embarkation day. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn, intercontinental, courtyard, and this year the Hyatt regency. Check last minute travel and trivago. You can get good deals. :)

All have CVS and Walgreens nearby and great restaurants within walking distance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hampton Inn Brickell is downtown and in a great location for a couple days. New stores and restaurants very nearby, metro mover to take you to Bayside Mall to pick up a tour if interested and a fast uber/cab ride to South Beach.Join the Hilton honors program on line and save on rates. Decent hot breakfast included.

Last year we stayed at the YVE in Miami it was great. Awesome location to some amazing restaurants and more affordable than some of the other hotels in the same area. There is a great shopping/food area Bayside Marketplace (i think its called) across the street. We ate at a Peruvian restaurant within walking distance to the hotel and it was amazing too. CVS across the street and the bar in the hotel was nice too. I think the shuttle to the port was only 6 bucks a person as well. Would stay there again if cruising out of Miami... We also did a shuttle from FLL to the YVE I think it was about 25 a person. I can get the name of the company if youre interested.

Welcome to the boards! :)

If staying in downtown Miami you do not want a rental car - the hotel will add about $30/day for parking and the traffic is a mess. Use Uber to get from FLL to your hotel - about $40 for the car. ;)

Last year we stayed at the YVE in Miami it was great. Awesome location to some amazing restaurants and more affordable than some of the other hotels in the same area. There is a great shopping/food area Bayside Marketplace (i think its called) across the street. We ate at a Peruvian restaurant within walking distance to the hotel and it was amazing too. CVS across the street and the bar in the hotel was nice too. I think the shuttle to the port was only 6 bucks a person as well. Would stay there again if cruising out of Miami... We also did a shuttle from FLL to the YVE I think it was about 25 a person. I can get the name of the company if youre interested.

was the Peruvian place called Embarcadero 41? we ate there in the fall of 2015 and it was AMAZING. got the recommendation from our driver, he gave us three rec's and we asked which one he would eat at. love local recs!

Ok sounds good. We will not have a rental car. We will take a shuttle to our hotel and then to the cruise. However, dining more so than shopping, but yes those are what we are most interested in.

Well...It might be a bit pricey (maybe not compared to some hotels in 17th Street area) but the Riverside Downtown would be an interesting choice. Lots of unique dining there.

I think you should try the Ramada Inn in Downtown Hollywood. In Downtown Hollywood there are dozens of restaurants of about every genre you can name. All within a two block area.

was the Peruvian place called Embarcadero 41? we ate there in the fall of 2015 and it was AMAZING. got the recommendation from our driver, he gave us three rec's and we asked which one he would eat at. love local recs!

Embarcadero 41 recently "closed." I say this because it's name has changed, but it's still a Peruvian place. I only ate there once and it is good. Not sure what's going on with the name change, it was never very busy.

Best Peruvuian place in Miami IMO is Pollo Y Jarras, also in downtown less than two blocks from YVE hotel.

Again to the OP, downtown Miami has exactly what you are looking for. It's all about whethe it fits your budget, which it probably will.

Well...It might be a bit pricey (maybe not compared to some hotels in 17th Street area) but the Riverside Downtown would be an interesting choice. Lots of unique dining there.

I think you should try the Ramada Inn in Downtown Hollywood. In Downtown Hollywood there are dozens of restaurants of about every genre you can name. All within a two block area.

OP is looking for downtown Miami hotels.

What about South Beach? We too stayed at the Hyatt Place in FLL last year before a cruise and were happy with it. We are also coming in on a Thursday for a Saturday cruise in April. We decided on The Shelborne in South Beach- walking distance to Lincoln and Ocean. From my understanding the rooms are very small but it has a fantastic pool area, is right on the beach and is right in the middle of everything. That's good enough for us! Check out their rate specials on their website- there are great prices that are not advertised. When I called the person I spoke to wasn't even aware of these rates. Beware they add tax and a resort fee- but still excellent price for where you are.