Poof!!! I was at dinner and...

Danno

Imagine my surprise!! I'm enjoying my chiled strawberry soup...and who do I find myself next to...CHESTERH :D .

Chester tells me about his last cruise...apparently he is going to tell me about this cruise over the next ten nights...and each night he is going to "hook" me with his final words, to make sure I sit next to him the following day...then I have to buy his book ;) .

I'll be taking notes for a new, slightly quirky book entitled My Dinner With Danno - which will be made into a slightly quirky movie of the same name. Of course, you can buy the book at cost... Hooked?

chesterh

times I see you're next linked up for Hawaii and the Caribbean with a strong future tendency to March travel. Any special reason?

I can tell you why! Among the Hawaii cruisers are Ma Bell, cruisingwithmarti, excitedofharpenten, catmand, wvufan,tuggers, gkm, bob278, and a host of others.

On the caribbean cruise we have cruisingwithmarti, ROSIE, excitedofharpenten, tuggers, gkm, bob278, jormarose, Ma Bell, Luckyroot, Karenann, we even have brigittetom. Any questions? We have others who post occasionally and mostly on roll calls, but are really, really looking forward to our times together.

I'll take any of them on my left and any of them on my right but only one at a time. On one side will be my honey (bob278).:D

So, who else wants to join us? It's going to be two great cruises.

Garry

I'll be taking notes for a new, slightly quirky book entitled My Dinner With Danno - which will be made into a slightly quirky movie of the same name. Of course, you can buy the book at cost... Hooked?

chesterh

Considered you in the short list, but after reading the book, was concerned that the self-inflicted injuries might be contagious!:p

A little known bit of trivia:

Bird collisions with windows cause serious injury and death (only to the birds, unless you're in a Hitchcock movie). Estimates of annual avian window strike mortality in the United States range from 3.5 to 975.6 million. This upper figure is said to represent about 5 percent of the 20 billion birds found in the United States.

I've taken the post-crash advice for our avian friends and modified it a bit for you:

Caring for Injured Cruise Passengers

Some passengers may not be injured severely and will recover with the proper care. If you find a passenger that has hit a window, put him in a large paper bag or cardboard box that can be covered securely. Keep the passenger in a warm (room temperature) area that is quiet and free from disturbance, preferably the forward observation lounge. Avoid handling the passenger and the box as much as possible because this can cause the creature stress, which may hinder recovery. Visually check the passenger about every half-hour to see if he has regained strength. If not, administration of a martini from the Martini Bar may improve the passenger's condition. Be careful, the passenger may be able to fly out of the box (note: martini administration should be limited to a single dose). Once he seems to have recovered, take the box outdoors to the pool deck and set the passenger free.

Considered you in the short list, but after reading the book, was concerned that the self-inflicted injuries might be contagious!:p

Caring for Injured Cruise Passengers

Some passengers may not be injured severely and will recover with the proper care. If you find a passenger that has hit a window, put him in a large paper bag or cardboard box that can be covered securely. Keep the passenger in a warm (room temperature) area that is quiet and free from disturbance, preferably the forward observation lounge. Avoid handling the passenger and the box as much as possible because this can cause the creature stress, which may hinder recovery. Visually check the passenger about every half-hour to see if he has regained strength. If not, administration of a martini from the Martini Bar may improve the passenger's condition. Be careful, the passenger may be able to fly out of the box (note: martini administration should be limited to a single dose). Once he seems to have recovered, take the box outdoors to the pool deck and set the passenger free.

Wait a minute… that glass door savagely attacked me without provocation of any sort – it really was a criminal matter. In any case, the administration of a martini is certainly appropriate, and should be the Absolute (with a twist) first priority in both criminal and accidental passenger/glass confrontations. I also think that the box is a great idea, as it will make disposal a much neater and more efficient process should the passenger not recover.

chesterh

"passenger pigeon"

So who will be seated on the left of Danno and will offer to share his bottle of Canadian Inniskillin Icewine? It was advertised today in the Washington Post (Wash.D.C.) as '03 Inniskillin Ice Wine, $74.99 ???

chesterh

Let me know when you are ready to forward my complimentary cruise tickets...in all fairness Jill and I will pay our own air and pre cruise hotel. I assume the bar is on you...what a great guy you are Chester ;) .

And my lawyer will get back to you on the movie deal...I'm willing to be fair about royalties.

So who will be seated on the left of Danno and will offer to share his bottle of Canadian Inniskillin Icewine? It was advertised today in the Washington Post (Wash.D.C.) as '03 Inniskillin Ice Wine, $74.99 ???

And i expect you'll find that's a HALF bottle!! Buy one and enjoy....

Let me know when you are ready to forward my complimentary cruise tickets...in all fairness Jill and I will pay our own air and pre cruise hotel. I assume the bar is on you...what a great guy you are Chester ;) .

And my lawyer will get back to you on the movie deal...I'm willing to be fair about royalties.

No, no, no, Danno-no-no. Let me pick up the whole tab, please. It's all deductible. As soon as I hit the half-million mark with the book, we're there. Only 499,700 to go...but the holiday shopping season is upon us, so I'm thinking next February will be about right (good time to head south, yes?).

chesterh

Sorry To Have Come Aboard On This One So Late. Danno That Is Very Flattering....thank You. It Would Be Nice To Finally Have That Drink We Are Promising Eachother And What Better Place Than An X Dinning Room. Ok So An X Lounge May Be Better But The Dinning Room Is Nice.

Archived