Best liqueur prices on which island?

ottmar

Best prices are in St. Thomas go to the local grocery store near the ship harbor. Price is close to 50% less on Rum there than any ware else in town.

Also Cozumel has a mega Mercado near port which has great prices on Booze.

Agree on Cozumel, can you say Tequila! We did notice 2 years ago that Mercado seems to have some tie in with Target??? Also if you are doing a west coast trip of Mexico there is a Sams Club and Walmart basically across the street from the port in Puerto Vallarta! Seriously good prices in Sams on booze!

When I was in Puerto Rico last Dec., the shop in the terminal had a special on Belvedere vodka. 4 for $100. However I found the best prices in St Martin. There is a shop in the middle of the waterfront that had the best prices. They did not charge more for c cards. The only negative was no delivery to the ship. The back of the store faced the water.

Edited by MikeyB
adding info

St. Martin has the best prices. If your after a real top shelf bottle there, just remember the better prices tend to be at the shops that are farther away from the beach and farther away from the cruise pier. San Juan only had good prices on the cruise pier. St. Thomas seemed to only be a buck or so more than St. Martin so it depends on how much time you want to spend looking.

FYI Last year on St. Martin

1 litre Bombay Saphire 12 bucks, 1 litre Grey Goose 19 (Celebrity was running a 5 for 100 for comparison). Johnny Walker Blue fifth I am almost sure it was 90 bucks.

For the most part St Martin shops run parallel to the water and away from the cruise pier. I was told that most of the shops up front are all run by the same families, prices are similar and a bit higher. The shops with better prices are more on the back streets.

The ship will tell you they will price match. They do. However, they won't take your word for it so you need to take a cellphone picture of the shelf with the bottle, date stamp and prices. The shops know this and understandably don't allow pictures. I was almost ejected out of a store in St. Kitts for taking one picture.

St. Martin has the best prices. If your after a real top shelf bottle there, just remember the better prices tend to be at the shops that are farther away from the beach and farther away from the cruise pier. San Juan only had good prices on the cruise pier. St. Thomas seemed to only be a buck or so more than St. Martin so it depends on how much time you want to spend looking.

FYI Last year on St. Martin

1 litre Bombay Saphire 12 bucks, 1 litre Grey Goose 19 (Celebrity was running a 5 for 100 for comparison). Johnny Walker Blue fifth I am almost sure it was 90 bucks.

For the most part St Martin shops run parallel to the water and away from the cruise pier. I was told that most of the shops up front are all run by the same families, prices are similar and a bit higher. The shops with better prices are more on the back streets.

The ship will tell you they will price match. They do. However, they won't take your word for it so you need to take a cellphone picture of the shelf with the bottle, date stamp and prices. The shops know this and understandably don't allow pictures. I was almost ejected out of a store in St. Kitts for taking one picture.

I second St. Maarten. Especially for high end cognacs and scotch. Bought a high end Hennessy Paradis in SXM for $275. It costs $700 at my local store in the states.