Riverside vs Embassy Suites

IndyDenise

Hi everyone. A couple of posters have asked me to compare the two since I just stayed in both.

Our room at Riverside for Sunday night was $185.00

Our room at Embassy Suites was $215.00 x 2 ( Monday and Tuesday) .

Value for room winner: Embassy Suites.

Free evening cocktails, free buffet breakfast, Room twice the size.

Our room at Riverside ( 5th floor, old section ) was super quiet and clean. Staff very friendly. Our room was ready at check in at 12:30pm.

But a coffee will set you back $3.00 at Riverside. There are no cheap eating spots close. Every meal set us back about $100.00. We ate at the hotel, Cheesecake Factory and Big City

Restaurant.

We loved the vibe there and the historical aspect of Riverside. Loved being on Las Olas Boulevard. Loved ease of using the water taxi.

It was nice doing something different but I hated the lack of cheaper options for food. Sometimes I just want a quick $8.00 chicken Caesar salad to go to eat poolside.

When we checked into ES the first thing we did was head over to Joes Diner at the Harbor Shops for lunch. This was a new place for us .. and WOW! My sis and mom were in heaven, they had awesome Greek dishes ., as well as breakfast and lunch options of all kinds.

Winner winner Joes Diner! Great service, huge portions, decent prices.

Then of course we did our obligatory visiting of TJMaxx, and Total Wine.

I really liked Riverside but I would choose ES first. We drank at least 50 free cocktails poolside and had great breakfasts. We could walk easily to get our last minute stuff.. the trolley is easy to get to also.

I love having three sink areas at ES, each of us gets our own makeup area ! No fighting over mirror space.

So value for money goes to ES. Cool vibe goes to Riverside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So when talking about food, drinks and room size, you are talking for THREE or FOUR people? An important detail. If you need one room for that many people, then yes, the Embassy would be a better choice.

Yes, Harbor Shops has informal diner type places for a quick meal. Las Olas has more variety of restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks for sharing your comparisons.

Edited by eandj

I take the New River and Las Olas over 17th Street all day long.

Me too.:D When we are away from home, we want to see our surroundings talking "vacation" to us. So it's beach or Las Olas for us.

17th St. is just another busy street to me.