Is midship cabin towards back better for motion sick passenger?

we2gotravel

Hello everyone,

It is our first time made a booking for a cruise trip. My husband has got bad motion sickness, we booked a cabin 10173, midship towards the back part. Will this part of ship ok or should we move more towards the middle part? Thanks in advance for any response.

Alice

Hello everyone,

It is our first time made a booking for a cruise trip. My husband has got bad motion sickness, we booked a cabin 10173, midship towards the back part. Will this part of ship ok or should we move more towards the middle part? Thanks in advance for any response.

Alice

The middle is better but with rough seas it really will not matter much.

Hello everyone,

Alice

You do know that 10173 is a small balcony cabin 148 sq ft total with a 34 sq ft balcony as against a standard cabin of 192 sq ft total with a 42 sq ft balcony.?

To be best off with regard to motion sickness you need to be as close to the "metacentre" of the ship as possible , which is usually about deck 5 or 6 of a large ship and just aft of the mid way point along the waterline and on the centre line of the ship. so deck 9 would be a better choice (deck 8 balconies amid ships have views of the tops of lifeboats)

Yup. Speaking as a horrible sufferer of Mal de Mer, I can say the patch works wonders. Have cruised with it on even the most difficult small ships (Galapogas and Great Barrier Reef) but also on the Splendida a few weeks ago. I didn't use it until a few nights in.

Definitely do OTC and natural remedies first. But if you are like me, try the patch. The oral version is shorter acting and is Kwell over the counter if you are in the UK or Australia. I buy in bulk when I am overseas.

But yes... lowest level midship is the best. Forget the view and balcony if the motion sickness is a big concern.

Halfway down, halfway along (in)....midships. but there is no guarantee...if it gets you, it gets you. Not quite sure what the size of the room/balcony has to do with anti sickness tho!! Always eat before sail away seems to help too. Good luck, hopefully all will be fine.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

We were on the Divina last week in cabin 11146. I get terrible motion sickness. I used a scopolamine patch and didn't have a problem. It was a calm week and I wondered if I really needed the patch, but because of my history of getting REALLY sick I didn't want to risk it. Maybe I'll try it without on another cruise. I had ginger tea and candies but didn't even open them.

Because fresh air and being able to look on the horizon helps with motion sickness, we purposely booked a balcony, but since I wasn't sick we got to enjoy it just for the view 😀.