Rain, Rain, Go away...Mr. Barbados..is it really raining?

mrszahm

Hello,

Hubby and I are on the Nov. 26th cruise...our first stop on Monday, is Barbados. I keep looking at the weather reports and see rain as far out as they are forecasting! Is it raining non stop there these days, or does it come and go during the day with sunny breaks. We really would love to have some nice warm sunny days....do you think it is possible???

Thanks,

M.Zahm

Hello,

Hubby and I are on the Nov. 26th cruise...our first stop on Monday, is Barbados. I keep looking at the weather reports and see rain as far out as they are forecasting! Is it raining non stop there these days, or does it come and go during the day with sunny breaks. We really would love to have some nice warm sunny days....do you think it is possible???

Thanks,

M.Zahm

-------------

It never rains in Barbados, This is Camelot, it cannot rain!

LOL

Seriously, November is our rainest month, then it tapers down in December through March.

But, It's not a constant thing. It will rain for 15 minutes, then be sunny and dry for another couple of hours.

The temps in November should be 88 during the day and 78 at night.

A person dries off quickly under those conditions.

Don't even let it affect your fun. Consider it a respite as we all do.

My best wishes for a wonderful (and dry) visit to my favorite island! :) :) :)

Well I don't know about 15min..... and I'm not sure Mr. Barbados is here for the season as yet.. however.. it's Monday 14Nov05 and it's been raining since sometime on Friday. Yesterday, Sunday, it rained steady from about 2pm until last night around 930pm. The island itself at the moment is under a flood watch, and all schools are closed today (it's our equivilent of the North American Snow Day). Very Wet, Very Muddy.

Now, having said all that. We need the rain. We always need the rain. Has to help fill the resevoirs so we can have water all year round. and While this has happened this weekend, it might not be raining while your hear. While it is Camelot, we can't every guarantee no rain.

have a great cruise.

Sorry about this but Sunniebgi is correct it has been raining alot in November we always see to get 3-4 days of rain to about 3 days of sunshine. The reain sometimes last hours and sometimes less but it has been dark clouds for days now:(

Thanks for the update of weather conditions. I guess that I am going to have to bring you all some rainwear from Oregon...you do know that we have webbed feet up here?? (Go Ducks!)

We're hoping for some clearing, but according to weather.com, it is clouds and rain as far as they predict out...but then we all know about weather predictions, they can change on a dime! We may have rain, but it will be warm....and rain in Barbados with mid 80's beats rain in Eugene, mid 40's, hands down!

Pray for sunshine!

M. Zahm

Well folks, it still looks good on Monday, 11-28-05.

The only disturbance is off Morocco and appears to threaten the Madeira Islands.

The rest of the Caribbean looks pretty good!

Caribbean weather, 11-28-05

weather-11-28-05%20copy.jpg

Enjoy the weather you lucky cruisers! :)

right at this very second there is a slight layer of clouds, which actually is quite nice (blocks the sun but not completely). A few showers that you can see around, mostly at sea (kind of neat watching that). It's been very nice for the last week or so, so I am very sure the weather has changed and we should be smooth sailing for the next few months.

Another update folks...we currently have some light showers...we had some heavier ones earlier today. Outside is presently overcast.

Not to worry though folks...even though the island is so small we have some

very interestingrain fall. It usually rains in one part of the island and not the next. On occasion...believe it or not...it has been known to rain on one side of the same street and not the next!!:eek:

We will be there next Wednesday, December 7th - everybody pray for sun, as we desperately need it - our weather has been barely in the 30's during the day and low 20's at night - cold and windy - we need heat and sun!

We plan on doing a little shopping, but want to spend most of the day at Accra Beach - this is also Rockley beach right?

The far left end of Accra Beach, if you are facing the sea, is known as Rockley Beach. There is a beach restaurant there are you can move a little towards the middle of the beach area where the orange lifeguard station is and there is also a set of small kiosks that have food and drink.

Enjoy.

Kelly....either mode of transportation s/b fine. The bus is a lot cheaper than a taxi but may not be as reliable. There are also what we call route taxis(white with maroon stripe) that perform the same function of buses.(large blue with yellow stripe)

If your ship is not in port long and you don't want to miss it go with the taxi if you have lots of time and plan to return to the ship at your leisure go with the bus.

The bus/route taxis are $0.75US. The taxi should be about $15US.

Hope this helps

Kelly....either mode of transportation s/b fine. The bus is a lot cheaper than a taxi but may not be as reliable. There are also what we call route taxis(white with maroon stripe) that perform the same function of buses.(large blue with yellow stripe)

If your ship is not in port long and you don't want to miss it go with the taxi if you have lots of time and plan to return to the ship at your leisure go with the bus.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps

Kelly....

There are usually buses in the port which will take you to Bridgetown ...the bus terminal is right in the centre of town and i am sure the bus driver will be happy to point it out for you.

Once there you can catch quite a few buses which all pass by the Accra/Rockley beach. There is the "Oistins" Bus, "Fairy Valley" and they are a few others as well. Just ask the attendants in the terminal and they will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Archived